Franz Anton Grimm
The son of the baroque master builder Moritz Grimm studied with Nicola Salvi in Rome between 1735 and 1739 . Since the middle of the 18th century, Grimm was the court architect of the Princes Dietrichstein .
His and his father's corpses are mummified in the Brno Capuchin crypt . Grimm's estate is kept in the library of the Rájec nad Svitavou castle and includes 200 engravings from the years 1542 to 1738 as well as various architectural writings.
- Vizovice Castle
- Borotín Castle in Borotín
- Zábrdovice Castle
- Napajedla Castle
- Church of St. Nicholas in Brno
- Pleasure and hunting chateau Kupařovice (1740–1742)
- Pilgrimage chapel of St. Anthony in Dolní Kounice (1757)
- Church of St. Bartholomew in Žďárná (1759–1760)
- Parish Church of James the Elder and Matthew in Nové Hvězdlice (1770–1773)
- Jiří Kroupa: František Antonín Grimm v Římě . Opuscula Historiae Artium, Brno, Masarykova univerzita. , 2002, vol. F 46, no. 1, pp. 5-27.
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from August 17, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- http://18.104.22.168/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Rajec_Nad_Svitavou ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|SURNAME||Grimm, Franz Anton|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Grimm, František Antonín|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Builder of the Moravian Baroque|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 2, 1710|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brno|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 17, 1784|
|Place of death||Brno|