During his commercial training, Frederik Braun took over the Voilà discotheque from Karsten Kolberg in 1990 , who opened this music gallery in 1983 in Hamburg-Eilbek . Together with his brother Gerrit Braun and his business partner Stephan Hertz , he ran Voilà for ten years. During this time he also founded the techno and trance label EDM Records with Gerrit Braun, Stephan Hertz and other partners , on which, among others, Gary D. and DJ Gollum published.
In 2001 he sold Voila and EDM Records and founded the Miniatur Wunderland together with his father Jochen W. Braun , his twin brother and Stephan Hertz. To this day he is managing director of Miniatur Wunderland GmbH.
In 2015 he and his brother Gerrit Braun got involved in the Hamburg Olympic application. Among other things, the two were responsible for the Olympic rings in Hamburg's city park (Guinness world record for the largest rings made of people) and a chain of lights with around 20,000 participants around the Alster .
- 2006: Awarded Entrepreneur of the Year by the ASU / BJU
- 2008: Optimist of the year by the Optimist Club
- 2010: Awarded the Federal Cross of Merit
- 2012: Award as honorary lock keeper
- 2015: Medal of Honor of the German Olympic Sports Confederation
- Frederik and Gerrit Braun: Small world, big dream. The success story of the founders of the Miniatur Wunderland. Atlantik Verlag, Hamburg 2017, ISBN 978-3-455-00167-9 .
- Federal Cross offor the founders of Miniatur Wunderland , in: Hamburger Morgenpost from March 28, 2010
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 21, 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|