Fritz Lau (writer)
His father was a skipper and mostly out of the house. According to Lau's report, his mother was a good storyteller, who is also said to have told many a story to Klaus Groth , who occasionally stopped by . At the age of 17 he entered the postal service, and after his first position as an assistant in the Kiel area, he was transferred to many places in Germany. He had lived in Glückstadt since 1898 and retired in 1923. In his spare time he was active as a writer.
Awards and honors
- 1955 honorary citizen of Glückstadt
- In Glückstadt the "Fritz-Lau-Platz" is named after him.
- In Uetersen and Moorrege there is a "Fritz-Lau-Weg"; in Kiel (1966), Büdelsdorf , Heikendorf , Marne and Schenefeld a "Fritz-Lau-Straße" was named after him.
- Johann and Trina up travel. Stagger in 1 elevator . H. Lühr & Dircks, Garding .
- Surf. Stories by de Waterkant . H. Lühr & Dircks, Garding 1913. Table of contents
- His wish . In: The home . December 1914. Volume 24, No. 12. Hamburg 1914, p. 313. Digital copy of the DFG viewer
- East and West . H. Lühr & Dircks, Garding 1915.
- Heroes to Hus . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1915. Table of contents
- His first breef . In: The home . August 1915 Volume 25 No. 8, Hamburg 1915. Digital copy of the DFG viewer
- Five years of Tuchthus . In: House calendar for the Plön district, 1915 . Kaven, Plön 1915. Digitized DFG viewer
- In windward and lee . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1916. Table of contents
- Five eight clouds . H. Lühr & Dircks, Garding 1918.
- Elsbe. A piece of Minschenleben . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1918. Table of contents
- De emergency flag . In: Special print from the weekly Zeitspiegel , ed. by Johannes John, Flensburg. No. 15, dated November 22, 1919. Digitized
- Katenlüd . H. Lühr & Dircks, Garding 1920. (M. Glogau, Hamburg 1921) Table of contents
- Kopp up . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1921. Table of contents
- Drees Dreesen, a piece of Minschenleben . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1924.
- That's life! M. Glogau, Hamburg 1926.
- Ünner 'n Tüffel. Spillwark is a pleasure in cen 'trip . . Lühr & Dircks, Garding .
- Ebb and Flot. Happiness and hardship . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1926. Table of contents
- Kinneland. Low German stories . Belz, Langensalza 1927.
- Have a laugh! M. Glogau, Hamburg 1929.
- Wat mi so öwer'n way löp . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1932.
- Of em un honor! M. Glogau, Hamburg 1932.
- Boys and Deerns from de Waterkant. Short stories . Otto Meißner, Hamburg 1933.
- How would you like henlank . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1934.
- Wat mi so öwer'n way löp . M. Glogau, Hamburg 1949.
- Wat löppt de Tiet. Utsöcht Vertellen. For Fritz Lau's 90th birthday . Fehrs-Gilde, Hamburg-Wellingsbüttel 1962.
- The best stories from Fritz Lau. 31 stories from 11 volumes of his entire work selected u. ed. by Erich Könnecke. Glogau, Hamburg 1981.
Literature about Fritz Lau
- Lau, Fritz . In: Franz Brümmer : Lexicon of German poets and prose writers from the beginning of the 19th century to the present . Volume 4. 6th edition Leipzig, 1913, p. 195. DTA digitized version
- Geerd Spanker: About Low German seriousness and Low German joy. (For Fritz Lau's 70th birthday.) . In: The home . 52.1942. Issue 3, July - September 1942.
- Lotte Foerste: Fritz Lau . In: Low German narrators of the 19th century . Wachholtz, Neumünster 1977, pp. 221-225.
- Kai Dohnke: Bibliography Fritz Lau . In: Steinburger Jahrbuch , vol. 28 (1984), pp. 148-159
- Magdalene Iwersen: Fritz Lau - post office clerk and local poet . In: Postal and telecommunications history between the North and Baltic Seas . Issue 1. Kiel 1987, pp. 177-189.
- Susanne Fischer: Fritz Lau: Literary Production and Self-Interpretation . In: Quickborn, Vol. 77 (1987) No. 3, pp. 183-194.
- Stefanie Janssen: In the footsteps of Fritz Lau . Ed. Seestern, Mönkeberg 2006.
- Fritz Lau - homesickness na Möltenort . In: Kieler Nachrichten of January 3, 2012
- Lau, Fritz. In: Killy Literature Lexicon. Authors and works from the German-speaking cultural area. Volume 7. 2010, p 254. Digitalisat
- Literature by and about Fritz Lau in the catalog of the German National Library
- The study of the Glückstadt local poet Fritz Lau
- Fritz Lau in: The Low German Bibliography and Biography
- Fritz Lau: Bi us to Huus. In: Norddeutsche Rundschau from August 12, 1972; also in: The best stories by Fritz Lau . 31 stories from 11 volumes of his collected work selected and edited by Erich Könnecke. Hamburg: Glogau and publishing house of the fehrs-Gilde, 1981.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Low German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 10, 1872|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Möltenort near Kiel|
|DATE OF DEATH||5th July 1966|
|Place of death||Glückstadt|