Galotta is a red wine from Switzerland . It is a new breed from 1981 by the Federale de Recherches en Production Vegetale de Changins station, the Federal Research Institute for Crop Production Agroscope RAC Changins in Pully . It is a cross between the red varieties Gamay and Ancellotta . From 1995, large-scale field trials were carried out in vineyards in Valais , Vaud and Ticino .
Galotta has been in the statistics of Swiss viticulture since the 2005 vintage . In the first year, 0.0395 ha were declared. A year later, the area was already 0.2882 hectares. In the survey of 2009, the planted vineyard area was given as 13.16 hectares (status 2009, source: Office fédéral de l'agriculture OFAG).
Ampelographic varietal characteristics
- The shoot tip is open. It is slightly woolly hairy, greenish with a very slight carmine tinge. The light green young leaves are slightly woolly hairy.
- The medium-sized leaves (see also the article leaf shape ) are five-lobed and deeply cupped. The stem bay is open in a V-shape. The blade is blunt-toothed, the teeth are medium-sized. The leaf surface, also known as the leaf blade, is slightly blistered.
- The cylindrical to conical grape is shouldered, small to medium-sized and quite dense. The round berries are small to medium-sized and bluish-purple in color.
The grape variety ripens around 8 days after the Gutedel , similar to the Gamay and is therefore considered to ripen early. Galotta is a variety of the noble grapevine ( Vitis vinifera ). It has hermaphroditic flowers and is therefore self-fruiting. In viticulture , the economic disadvantage of not having to grow male plants that produce yield is avoided.
- Data sheet of the grape variety (PDF) ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , published in the journal Revue suisse de viticulture arboriculture horticulture.
- The Wine Year 2009 (PDF) ( Memento of the original from July 12, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Editor Office fédéral de l'agriculture OFAG
- Galotta in the database Vitis International Variety Catalog of the Institute for Vine Breeding Geilweilerhof (English)
- Database of the INRA institute.