Gary Brooker MBE (born May 29, 1945 in Hackney near London ) is a British rock musician ( vocals , piano ).
Gary Brooker co-founded the Paramounts in 1962 . He achieved fame as the pianist, singer and founder of Procol Harum with the song A Whiter Shade of Pale, composed by himself and Keith Reid and published in 1967 . After the band split in 1977, Gary Brooker began a solo career. Former Procol Harum members and guest musicians such as Phil Collins , George Harrison and Eric Clapton played on some albums . Brooker himself has worked as guest musicians for Paul McCartney , George Harrison, Tim Renwick , Frankie Miller , Mickey Jupp , The Hollies , Alan Parsons Project , Allan Clarke , Kate Bush , Eric Clapton and the Dutchman Ad Visser ( No News from the Western Frontier ) . In 1991 Brooker reformed Procol Harum. In 1996 he played the supporting role of lawyer Juan Bramuglia in the musical Evita . Since 1997 he has been part of Bill Wyman 's Rhythm Kings .
- 1979: No More Fear of Flying
- 1982: Lead Me to the Water
- 1985: Echoes in the Night
- 1998: Within Our House
- 1979: Savannah
- 1979: Say It Ain't So Joe
- 1979: No More Fear of Flying / SS Blues
- 1980: Leave the Candle / Chasing the Chop
- 1982: Homelovin '/ Chasing the Chop
- 1982: Cycle (Let It Flow)
- 1982: Low Flying Birds / Homelovin '
- 1982: The Angler / Badlands
- 1984: The Long Goodbye / Trick of the Night
- 1985: Two Fools in Love / Summer Nights
- 1996: Evita
Brooker married Françoise Riedo in 1968 and the couple have no children.
- Gary Brooker at Allmusic (English)
- Gary Brooker in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- procolharum.com - Private website without connection to Procol Harum
- ↑ The 'blushing bride' gets a whiter shade of pale . In: Sunday Mirror , July 14, 1968.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||The Commander|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British rock musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 29, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hackney near London|