Georg Völkel found a broad field of activity as a batch performer, especially on the Berlin stages over several decades.
In the 1930s Völkel was engaged at the Theater am Kurfürstendamm . There he played, for example, "Don Luis", brother of "Don Juan", in Veit Harlan's production of Lady Kobold in 1935 , and in 1937 in Paul Wegener's production of August Strindberg's dance of death . The following year he appeared at the Lessing Theater . In the 1940s to 1970s Völkel was part of the ensemble of the Schloßparktheater and the Schiller Theater . Here he played for many years under Boleslaw Barlog as in 1948 in his staging of Fritz Hochwälder's holy experiment , in Carl Zuckmayer's Des Teufels General , as "Ocky Milchmann" in Unter dem Milchwald by Dylan Thomas and in 1960 in Jean Giraudoux ' Irrer von Chaillot . In 1959 he worked at the Schiller Theater under the direction of Fritz Kortner in Schiller's Robbers . Several times he embodied roles by Henrik Ibsen such as Regine "Engstrand" in the Ghosts and in 1979 "Sandstad" in Stützen der Gesellschaft under the direction of Rolf Schult at the Schloßparktheater.
Since the 1930s, Völkel also took on various roles in film. He played the son of Ralph Arthur Roberts in Robert A. Stemmle's comedy It's happening at midnight , in Veit Harlan's crime film Blown Traces , in the tendentious Das Gewehr über and in Arnold Fanck's last film production, the adventure film Ein Robinson . After the Second World War, however, Völkel was rarely seen in films or later on television. These include RA Stemmle's post-war satire Berliner Ballade and the adaptation of Goethe's Clavigo with Klaus Kammer in the title role.
Völkel also worked as a speaker for radio play productions.
- 1934: Something happens at midnight
- 1935: Barcarole
- 1935: The girl Johanna
- 1937: In camera
- 1938: Between the parents
- 1938: Tracks blown away
- 1939: The police radio reports
- 1939: The rifle over
- 1940: A Robinson
- 1948: Berlin ballad
- 1964: Clavigo
Radio plays (selection)
- 1950: Special characteristics ?, RIAS, director: Hanns Korngiebel
- 1950: Die kühne Operation, RIAS, directed by Hanns Korngiebel
- 1951: The Trial, NWDR, directed by Willi Schmidt
- 1960: The sounding musician, RIAS, director: Hanns Korngiebel
- 1961: Graf Öderland, SFB, director: Hans Lietzau
- 1964: Leonce and Lena, RIAS, director: Willi Schmidt
- life data cited after: Piet Hein Honig, Hanns-Georg Rodek : 100001. The show business encyclopedia of the 20th century. Showbiz-Data-Verlag, Villingen-Schwenningen 1992, ISBN 3-929009-01-5 , p. 999.
- Frank Noack: Veit Harlan: des Teufels Regisseur , Belleville 2000, p. 436.
- Boleslaw Barlog: Theater, lifelong , Universitas 1981, p. 375.
- Entry on Ibsen-Net .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German theater and film actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 17, 1902|
|DATE OF DEATH||after 1979|