She received her first violin lessons at the age of five from her mother, in 1930 she entered the violin class of Jules Boucherit at the Paris Conservatory and just eight months later received her diploma with a first prize. From 1931 to 1935 she was a student of Carl Flesch in Baden-Baden .
In 1935 she won first prize in the Henryk Wieniawski Competition in Warsaw (before David Oistrach ). From then on, her career developed steadily, at the latest by the end of the 1930s she was finally on the way to becoming a world leader.
- L. v. Beethoven, Violin Concerto op.61.SWR Symphony Orchestra, Hans Rosbaud (25 Sep. 1949)
- J. Brahms, Violin Concerto op.77.NDR Symphony Orchestra, Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt (May 3, 1948)
- Chausson, Poème op.25. Philharmonia Orchestra, Charles Münch (Jan. 2, 1949)
- Ravel, Tzigane (for violin & orchestra). Philharmonic Orchestra, Charles Münch (Jan. 2, 1949)
The above four works appeared on discs whose copyrights have not been cleared. This is a double album from the USA.
A 4-LP box containing all of her studio recordings was released via EMI - Auslands Sonderdienst, her brother is also there as a piano partner. This compilation was made possible by their parents. There are also
- J. Sibelius, Violin Concerto op. 47. Philharmonia Orchestra, Walter Süsskind (Nov. 1945) and
- Brahms, Violin Concerto op.77.Philharmonia Orchestra, Issay Dobrowen, (Aug. 1946)
- Volker Timmermann: Ginette Neveu (1919–1949). Ginette Neveu - career between competitive victory and accidental death. In: Carolin Stahrenberg, Susanne Rode-Breymann (ed.): "... it is my wish to leave traces ...". Reception and professional history of violinists. Hanover 2011, ISBN 978-3-86525193-0 , pp. 94-117.
- Wolfgang Peter, Rika Wettstein: Ginette Neveu (1919–1949). In: bad-bad.de. 5th June 2018 .
- Jürgen Speckmann, Luise F. Pusch: Ginette Neveu. In: FemBio. Women's biography research (with references and citations). March 31, 2012
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French violinist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 11, 1919|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paris|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 28, 1949|
|Place of death||near the Azores , plane crash|