Hans Glinz, son of Gustav Adolf Glinz , taught - after doctorate (1946) and habilitation (1949) in Zurich - as professor at the Pedagogical Academy in Kettwig (1957–1965) and as professor of German philology until his retirement at the Philosophical Faculty from RWTH Aachen University (1965–1978). For many years he was a member of the Scientific Council of the Institute for German Language (IdS) in Mannheim (1965–1978 and 1984–1997) and President of the Commission for the Reform of Spelling (1970–1978). Important areas of work were language theory, methodology of language and text analysis and language didactics .
Awards and honors
- The inner form of German. A new German grammar. 4th edition. Francke Verlag, Bern and Munich 1965 (1st edition 1952).
- The German sentence. 6th edition. Pedagogical Verlag Schwann, Düsseldorf 1970 (1st edition 1957).
- The languages in school. Sketch of a comparative sentence theory for Latin, German, French and English. 2nd, expanded edition. Pedagogical publishing house Schwann, Düsseldorf 1965.
- Approaches to a theory of language. Pedagogical publisher Schwann, Düsseldorf 1966.
- German syntax. 3. Edition. Metzler Verlag, Stuttgart 1970 (1st edition 1965).
- Basic linguistic terms and method overview. 3. Edition. Athenäum Verlag, Frankfurt 1971 (1st edition 1970).
- Grammars in comparison: German - French - English - Latin; Forms - meanings - understanding. Max Niemeyer Verlag, Tübingen 1994, ISBN 3-484-31136-3 .
- Languages and Their Use in Our Life as Human Beings: A Theory of Speech and Language on a Saussurean Basis. Nodus Verlag, Münster 2002, ISBN 3-89323-289-3 .
- Ludwig M. Eichinger : Hans Glinz December 1, 1913 - October 23, 2008 . In: Sprachreport , Volume 24, Issue 4, 2008, p. 29.
- Ursula Bredel, Hartmut Günther: Obituary for Hans Glinz. In: Journal for Linguistics , Volume 28, Issue 1, 2009, pp. 179–183, doi : 10.1515 / ZFSW.2009.021
- Horst Sitta : On the death of the philologist Hans Glinz , NZZ of October 30, 2008
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss linguist and Germanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 1, 1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rheinfelden , Switzerland|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 23, 2008|
|Place of death||Wädenswil , Canton of Zurich|