Hans Krückeberg (born March 12, 1878 in Treuenbrietzen , Brandenburg province , † December 25, 1952 in Belzig , Potsdam district ) was a German sculptor .
He studied at the Berlin Art Academy , where he was a master student of Louis Tuaillon . He became a member of the Berlin Secession . In 1905 he received the Rome Prize of the Prussian Academy of the Arts . From 1911 he was represented with his works at many exhibitions. Among other things, he created animal figures, portrait busts and reliefs , as well as monuments with bronze groups for public spaces.
From the 1940s he lived in Belzig in the house of his father-in-law, the Cameroon missionary Reinhold Grundemann . The house, in which individual works by Krückeberg have been preserved, was placed under monument protection on August 30, 2005 .
- 1911: Competition design for the Oderbrunnen , also called the Steinbock-Brunnen after the founder , in Frankfurt (Oder) (together with the architect Hans Bernoulli , executed in 1912 based on a competing design by Adolf Amberg )
- 1911: Tomb for the Prussian university politician Friedrich Althoff in the Botanical Garden in Berlin-Dahlem
- 1912: Plastic architectural jewelry on the clothing store of the Fischbein & Mendel clothing store in Berlin, Lindenstrasse 44–47 and 51–53 (facade design by Hans Bernoulli)
- 1914: Plastic architectural decorations on the Nordstern House in Berlin-Schöneberg (Architects: Paul Mebes and Paul Emmerich ; under monument protection)
- 1915 ?: Marble bust of Friedrich Althoff in the new building of the German library in Leipzig
- 1927: Memorial of the fallen soldiers of the Thuringian Hussar Regiment No. 12, called Hussar Monument , in Merseburg , in the palace garden
- Executed in 1927: Bronze group "Forest Secret" in the Bürgerpark in Berlin-Pankow
- 1935: Plastic jewelry on the administration building of the Brandenburg Fire Society in Berlin-Tiergarten, Am Karlsbad 4/5 (Architects: Paul Mebes and Paul Emmerich); under monument conservation
- Krückeberg, Hans . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 21 : Knip – Kruger . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1927, p. 584-585 .
- Willy Oskar Dreßler : Dressler's art manual . 9th edition, Volume 2, Berlin 1930, p. 563.
- ↑ Karl Nägelin-Gschwind, Maya Nägelin-Gschwind, Mario Botta: Hans Bernoulli. Architect and town planner. Birkhauser, Basel et al. 1993, ISBN 3-7643-2829-0 , p. 25.
- ↑ Sybille Gramlich, Irmelin Küttner et al. (Ed.): City of Frankfurt (Oder). (= Monument topography Federal Republic of Germany , monuments in Brandenburg. Volume 3.) Wernersche Verlagsgesellschaft, Worms 2002, ISBN 3-88462-190-4 , p. 147 f.
- ↑ Administration building of the Brandenburg Fire Society in the Berlin State Monument List
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 12, 1878|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Treuenbrietzen , Brandenburg Province|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 25, 1952|
|Place of death||Belzig , Potsdam district|