Hans Tröger (sculptor)
In the period from 1912 to 1914 he studied under Hugo Spieler at the Saxon School of Applied Arts in Dresden . As a soldier he went to the Western Front in the First World War and returned to Dresden completely demoralized and wounded. He was only able to continue his studies in 1918. In 1921 he finished his studies and worked as a freelance sculptor in Dresden. Together with his friend sculptors, Kurt Dämmig and Otto Winkler , he worked in a studio in the Johannstadt district of Dresden on Kamelienstraße 1. He later lived with his wife, a state-certified dentist, in Leubnitz-Neuostra , Uhdestrasse 35. His studio was on Gerokstrasse until Dresden was destroyed in 1945 . Most recently he lived in Spitzwegstrasse 70. His works made of terracotta, sandstone, bronze and porcelain can be found in Dresden and Saxony. He designed small sculptures for the Meissen porcelain manufactory .
- 1926 to 1928: Reliefs Villacher Siedlung in Dresden-Laubegast , Krainer Strasse.
- 1939: Bronze sculpture Beerenkinder , melted down for a park in Schwarzenberg, 1944.
- 1942: Well relief miners , retaining wall on Rathausstrasse Altenberg , extensively restored in 1998.
- 1947: Seated old woman , Dresden Sculpture Collection , inventory number ZV 4104.
- 1948: Sculpture Homeless , 3rd German Art Exhibition Dresden, Albertinum , 1953.
- 1950: Sculpture mother with child , 3rd German Art Exhibition Dresden, Albertinum, 1953.
- 1951: Sculpture love group , 3rd German Art Exhibition Dresden, Albertinum, 1953.
- 1954 to 1955: Relief Die Pfeng-Pauline , Neustadt in Sachsen , Dresdner Strasse 3.
- Ingrid Große: Neustädter Anzeiger - Official and home newspaper of the city of Neustadt in Saxony. Volume 23, July 13, 2012, number 14, p. 21.
- Hans Troeger . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General Lexicon of Fine Artists of the XX. Century. tape 4 : Q-U . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1958, p. 472 – Tröger, Hans .
- Tröger, Hans . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 33 : Theodotos vacation . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1939, p. 413 .
- Archive of the Dresden University of Fine Arts
- Güntzsche Foundation (ed.): Address book of the Gau and state capital Dresden, Freital - Radebeul, with surrounding 6 cities and 24 communities […] 1943/44 . 1st volume. Dresden 1943, p. 899 ( digitized version of the SLUB Dresden ).
- Villach settlement. In: Dresdner-Stadtteile.de. Retrieved July 14, 2015 .
- Bergmannsbrunnen , Cross-Border Mining Educational Trail, Altenberg Mining Museum
- Accompanying booklet historical tour through Neustadt in Saxony for the 700th city anniversary. Neustadt in Sachsen, 2011, p. 13 ( neustadt-sachsen.de PDF; 3.2 MB, p. 7/17).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Tröger, Oskar Richard Hans (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 21, 1894|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|
|DATE OF DEATH||17th October 1963|
|Place of death||Dresden|