|Hansa - International Maritime Journal
|Area of Expertise||shipping|
|publishing company||Shipping company "HANSA" GmbH & Co. KG , Hamburg|
|Frequency of publication||per month|
|Sold edition||3199 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020)|
|Widespread edition||3736 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020)|
|executive Director||Thomas Bantle, Peter Tamm jun.|
|Article archive||Article archive|
The magazine Hansa - International Maritime Journal ( HANSA ) has been a monthly, technically oriented trade journal that has been published since January 1864 and covers all areas of the maritime industry , shipbuilding , ship technology and ports . In the 2000s, the subject areas of shipping, markets, financing, insurance and offshore were added to their own sections. The articles appear partly in German, partly in English.
HANSA is a subscription magazine. The edition is IVW- checked.
The magazine was founded under the name HANSA. Zeitschrift für Deutsches Seewesen in 1864. The first editors-in-chief were G. Schuirman and G. Thaulow, who were head of the German seaman's school in Hamburg . The first edition appeared on Sunday, January 3, 1864, the following on the second Sunday of each month. Reports were made about technological developments and application examples / tables for technical products in shipping . From 1870 Wilhelm von Freeden was, in addition to his work as head of the North German Seewarte in Hamburg, the responsible editor, from 1877 he co-edited the magazine.
- German nautical magazine
In 1891 the German nautical magazine went into the German shipping magazine Hansa . The German nautical magazine appeared from April 1891 to August 1891 in twenty issues.
- Transport service
When the Arpa publishing house merged with the magazine Güterendienst in 1944 , it was continued as the magazine supplement Transport-Dienst (shipper and traffic specialist journal) until 1981.
Organ for maritime clubs and associations
In addition to the presentation of the most important maritime innovations and events in the categories of shipbuilding , shipping , marine technology , logistics , ports and waterways , HANSA is also the central publication organ for various maritime societies, clubs and associations.
- Protection Association of German Rheder Va G.
- German Nautical Association (DNV)
- Shipbuilding Society e. V. (STG)
- German Society for the Rescue of Shipwrecked People (DGzRS)
- German Society for Positioning and Navigation (DGON)
- Hafentechnische Gesellschaft e. V. (HTG)
- German Shipbuilding and Ocean Industries Association e. V. (VSM)
- AG Shipbuilding / Offshore Supply Industry (VDMA)
- Central Association of German Seaport Companies V. (ZDS)
Other maritime facilities
- Germanischer Lloyd (GL)
- Standards body ship and marine technology (NSMT) in DIN
- German Committee for Marine Research and Marine Technology V.
- See-Berufsgenossenschaft (SeeBG)
- Maritime Advisory Council of the Federal Minister of Transport
- IMO reporting (Federal Ministry of Transport, Maritime Transport Department)
- Permanent International Association of Navigation Congresses ( PIANC )
- Vocational training center for shipping
- German Deep Sea Fisheries Association V.
- G. Schuirman, G. Thaulow (Hrsg.): Journal for German Seewesen . Issue 28 to 52, 1865 ( books.google.de [PDF; 36.8 MB ]).
- 150 years of HANSA . Anniversary edition, January 2014, Schiffahrts-Verlag Hansa, Hamburg 2014
- Homepage of the publisher
- Digital copies in the holdings of the digital library of the joint library network
- G. Schuirman, G. Thaulow (Ed.): Imprint . 1865, p. 221 ( books.google.de [PDF; 36.8 MB ]).
- G. Schuirman, G. Thaulow (Ed.): The strength of anchor chains . Issue 29, 1865, pp. 223 ( books.google.de [PDF; 36.8 MB ]).
- Hans Friedl u. a. (Ed.): Biographical manual for the history of the state of Oldenburg . Edited on behalf of the Oldenburg landscape. Isensee, Oldenburg 1992, ISBN 3-89442-135-5 , pp. 204-205.
- German nautical magazine . Organ for marine affairs, shipbuilding, etc. Ship engineering. .
- Freight Service . Organ for marine affairs, shipbuilding, etc. Ship engineering. DNB 012916250 .
- Transport service . Shippers and traffic specialist journal. DNB 012916277 .