Preuner was born as the first of two children on August 3, 1959 in Salzburg- Nonntal . In 1964 the family moved to Seekirchen where he also went to elementary school. After the BG II in Salzburg- Lehen , he attended the HTL Salzburg with a focus on mechanical engineering . In 1979 he joined the Austrian Armed Forces as a one-year volunteer and, after several courses and exercises, achieved the rank of captain . In 1980 he began studying industrial engineering in Graz , which he completed in 1985 with the academic degree of Diplom-Ingenieur. In 1981 he passed the driving instructor examination and four years later he became the owner of a driving school in Salzburg. In 2001 he stepped down from the leadership of the driving schools in Seekirchen and Neumarkt.
Between 1993 and 2003 Preuner was chairman of the specialist representation of the driving schools of the state of Salzburg. In 1999 he became a local councilor and deputy club chairman. Since December 14, 2004 he has been the deputy mayor of the state capital Salzburg . When Heinz Schaden (SPÖ) resigned on September 20, 2017 as a result of the speculation scandal, Preuner took over the management of the city's official business.
On November 26, 2017, Preuner received the most votes in the mayoral election with 35.0%, but not yet the necessary 50 percent. In the runoff election on December 10, 2017, he prevailed against Bernhard Auinger (SPÖ) with 50.32% (294 votes ahead).
- Harald Preuner barely the new mayor - salzburg.ORF.at. Retrieved December 12, 2017 .
- Harry Preuner's curriculum vitae , on oevp-sgb.at, accessed on November 28, 2017
- "Thank you my Lord": Salzburg's mayor Schaden resigned. In: The press . September 20, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017 .
- Thomas Sendlhofer: City of Salzburg: Favorites duel in the runoff election for the mayor's office. In: Courier . November 26, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017 .
- Preuner (ÖVP) is the new mayor of Salzburg. Retrieved December 11, 2017 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Preuner, Harry|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian entrepreneur and politician (ÖVP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3rd August 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salzburg|