Helge Stadelmann (born February 15, 1952 ) is an evangelical theologian with a focus on practical theology . He is professor and department head for practical theology at the Free Theological University of Giessen (FTH) in Giessen , where he was rector from 1994 to 2015 .
Helge Stadelmann studied from 1970 to 1974 at the Free Evangelical Theological Academy, today a state independent theological college (STH), in Basel . After completing his studies, he completed a master's degree in the New Testament area at the Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas / Texas from 1975 to 1976 . There he received the Henrie Thiessen Prize for New Testament in 1976 . This postgraduate course was followed by doctoral studies in the New Testament field from 1976–1978 in Cambridge in England and from 1978–1979 in Basel. In 1980 Stadelmann received his doctorate in theology in Basel .
From 1979 to 1982 he worked as a lecturer in New Testament and homiletics at the Brake Bible School . Then Stadelmann taught the subjects of New Testament, homiletics and salvation history at the Wiedenest Bible School from 1982–1986 . In 1986 he switched to the Free Theological Academy (FTA) in Gießen as a lecturer, where he had been a guest lecturer since 1981. At first he taught the subjects of the New Testament and hermeneutics , then from 1990 in the department of practical theology. 1986–1994 he was dean and acting director of the academy. In 1994 he was appointed rector . Since 2012 he has held the newly established professorship for practical theology at the FTH Gießen.
In addition to his work as rector, Stadelmann was active as an honorary pastor in the Giessen Baptist church from 1986 to 1995, which grew from 140 to 400 members during this time. Since 1997 he has been a member of the doctoral committee and visiting professor of the Evangelical Theological Faculty (ETF) Leuven and since 2003 he has also been a member of the Board of Trustees there. In addition, since 1998 he has been an active member and co-founder of the practical theology working group of the Working Group for Evangelical Theology (AfeT). Since 2013 he has been a volunteer pastor in the Baptist congregation Hohenahr-Erda, near Giessen.
In the area of practical theology, he is primarily concerned with the intersection of practical theology and hermeneutics. Further areas of interest are church building and worship, especially homiletics.
- Ben Sira as a scribe. A study of the occupational profile of the pre-Maccabean Sofer taking into account his relationship to priestly, prophet and wisdom teaching , Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 1980, ISBN 978-3-16-143511-9 .
- The occult. Its essence and its manifestations according to the Holy Scriptures. (Theology and Service 25), Brunnen Gießen / Basel 1981, ISBN 3-7655-9025-8 .
- Basics of a biblical understanding of scripture. R. Brockhaus, Wuppertal 1985, ISBN 3-417-29514-9 .
- The letter to the Ephesians. (Edition-C-Biblical Commentary 14), Hänssler, Neuhausen-Stuttgart 1993.
- Preach Scripture. Plea and instructions for the interpretative sermon. R. Brockhaus Wuppertal / Zurich 1989, ISBN 3-417-29532-7 .
- Evangelical understanding of scriptures: Understand the Bible - trust the Bible - follow the Bible. jota, Hammerbrücke 2005, ISBN 978-3-935707-27-5 .
- Evangelical Sermon Doctrine: Plea and Instructions for the Interpretive Sermon. 2nd Edition. SCM R. Brockhaus, Witten 2008, ISBN 978-3-417-29488-0 .
- Preach communicatively. Plea and instructions for the interpretative sermon. Witten, 2013
Editor and Associate Editor
- Epochs of salvation history. Contributions to the promotion of theology of salvation history. R. Brockhaus, Wuppertal 1984, ISBN 3-417-29508-4 .
- Belief and history. Salvation history as a theme of theology. Brunnen, Giessen 1986, ISBN 3-7655-9322-2 .
- What Evangelicals Believe: The Basis of the Evangelical Alliance Explained. R. Brockhaus, Wuppertal 1989, ISBN 3-417-24604-0 .
- Building blocks for the renewal of the church: Church building on the basis of a biblically renewed ecclesiology. Brunnen, Giessen 1998.
- Love of the word: The commitment to biblical inerrancy as an expression of an understanding of the Scriptures true to the Bible. Talk to Heinzpeter Hempelmann. VTR Nuremberg, 2002, ISBN 978-3-933372-71-0 .
- Understand the meaning of texts: Receptivity and creativity in the hermeneutic process. Brunnen, Giessen 2006.
- with Berthold Schwarz: Understanding salvation history. Why one should think in terms of salvation history if one does not want to misunderstand the Bible. Christliche Verlagsgesellschaft, Dillenburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-89436-575-2 .
- Christians, Jews and the future of Israel. Contributions to the teaching of Israel from history and theology. Peter Lang, Frankfurt / Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-631-58138-4 .
- with Thomas Richter: Practical interpretation of the Bible. Understand the text in ten steps. 4th edition. SCM R. Brockhaus, Witten 2010, ISBN 978-3-417-24944-6 .
- with Stefan Schweyer : Practical Theology. A floor plan for theology and congregation , Brunnen-Verlag, Giessen 2017, ISBN 978-3-7655-9568-4 .
- with Peter Zimmerling : Johann Jakob Rambach (1693–1735). Practical theologian and interpreter , Evangelische Verlagsanstalt, Leipzig 2019, ISBN 978-3-374-06220-1 .
- Stefan Schweyer and Philipp Bartholomä (eds.): With the Bible - for practice. Contributions to a practical theological hermeneutics (Festschrift for the 65th birthday of Helge Stadelmann), Brunnen Verlag, Gießen 2017, ISBN 978-3-7655-9252-2
- Literature by and about Helge Stadelmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Helge Stadelmann in the German Digital Library
- Scientific bibliography
- ↑ A theology professor who fights for the Bible , idea.de, portrait from January 27, 2016.
- ↑ Life data at www.fthgiessen.de (accessed May 28, 2015) ( Memento from May 28, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Baptist theologian, professor of practical theology and rector of the Free Theological University of Giessen|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 15, 1952|