The son of an engineer and a pharmaceutical engineer did his Abitur at EOS “Professor Dr. Max Schneider ”in Lichtenstein and studied history and related subjects at the Martin Luther University in Halle . After completing his studies, Eberle worked as an editor . He has been a freelance historian and publicist since 1999 . Among other things, he worked for Die Zeit and ZDF . His biography Notes on Honecker was controversial . In 2002 he was awarded a Dr. phil. PhD .
The book Das Buch Hitler published by him and his colleague Matthias Uhl has been translated into more than 25 languages. For the book Letters to Hitler , published in 2007 by Lübbe Verlag , he used the holdings of the special archive of the Russian Defense Ministry (RGWA), including the files of Adolf Hitler's private law firm , headed by Albert Bormann . For the book Was Hitler Krank? Published together with the physician Hans-Joachim Neumann in 2009 . the authors reevaluated the estate of Hitler's personal physician Theo Morell and thus made a contribution to Adolf Hitler's psychopathography .
Eberle is the author of the bio-bibliographical online encyclopedia for the professors of the University of Halle from 1817 to 1968 ( Catalogus Professorum Halensis ).
- The Martin Luther University in the time of National Socialism. mdv, Halle 2002, ISBN 3-89812-150-X . Zugl .: Halle, Univ., Diss., 2002
- The book of Hitler . Edited by Henrik Eberle & Matthias Uhl . NKVD secret dossier for Josef W. Stalin, compiled on the basis of the interrogation protocols of Hitler's personal adjutant, Otto G possibly, and the valet Heinz Linge, Moscow 1948/49. From the Russian by Helmut Ettinger; with a foreword by Horst Möller. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2005, ISBN 3-7857-2226-5 . Paperback edition: Bastei-Lübbe-Taschenbuch, Bergisch Gladbach 2007, ISBN 978-3-404-64219-9 .
- Hitler's world wars. How the private became a general. Hoffmann and Campe, Hamburg 2014, ISBN 978-3-455-50265-7 .
- "A valuable instrument." The University of Greifswald under National Socialism. Böhlau, Cologne et al. 2015, ISBN 978-3-412-22397-7 .
- Eberle, Eberle , in: Friedhelm Golücke : Author's lexicon for student and university history. SH-Verlag, Cologne 2004, ISBN 3-89498-130-X . P. 89.
- Literature by and about Henrik Eberle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Henrik Eberle at perlentaucher.de
- Catalogus Professorum Halensis , at Clio-online
- Who taught and researched at the University of Halle? Archive publishes “Catalogus Professorum” , press release Uni Halle, July 1, 2015
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 3, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Karl Marx City|