Hessian long-distance cycle route R2
The Hessian long-distance cycle route R2 is one of nine long-distance cycle routes in Hessen . It begins at the state border with North Rhine-Westphalia between Biedenkopf-Wallau and Bad Laasphe and leads through Biedenkopf , Cölbe , Kirchhain , Alsfeld , Lauterbach , Fulda , Spessart to the state border with Bavaria. It follows the course of the rivers Lahn , Fulda , Lüder and Lauter and is therefore also known as the Four River Tour . Its total length is about 195 km.
Condition of the bike path, tour logo and accommodation
In the area along the Lahn, the cycle path is completely asphalted and has only slight, short gradients. In this area the cycle path is also identical to the Lahntal cycle path . The section in the Sinntal between Mottgers and Zeitlofs / Altengronau was renewed and relocated in 2016. In the Sinntal, the cycle path runs from the north to Zeitlofs over long passages on country roads without separate cycle paths. As a result, it is not safe to pass it on some routes, also because there is no further speed limit on the corresponding roads and motorized individual traffic can drive at full speed.
Connection to other major bike paths
- Hessian long-distance cycle route R8 near Wallau
- Lahntal cycle path identical between Wallau and Cölbe
- Hessian long-distance cycle route R4 near Alsfeld
- Hessian long-distance cycle route R6 near Kirchhain
- Volcano cycle path in Lauterbach
- Hessian long-distance cycle route R7 also in Lauterbach
- Hessian long-distance cycle route R1 identical between Fulda and Ebersberg
- Rhön-Sinntal cycle path in Altengronau
- Hessian Land Surveying Office: Topographical special map, 1:50 000, sheets 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 and LD
- ADFC (Ed.): ADFC Radtourenkarte - Sheet 16, Rhine / Main / North Hesse . BVA Bielefelder Verlag, Bielefeld 2001, ISBN 3870730765
- ADFC (ed.): Bett + Bike Hessen, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland . 4th edition. Esterbauer publishing house, Berlin 2005, ISBN 3850000346
- Julia Kreß: Renewal from 2016: Sinntal receives greater funding for long-distance cycle route R2. In: fuldaerzeitung.de. December 3, 2015, accessed May 3, 2016 .