Schuster began his career at the theater as a singer, but soon switched to spoken theater. After engagements at various stages, he came to the Leopoldstädter Theater . There he joined in 1813 , the citizens of Vienna of Adolf Bäuerle and found it in the figure of the umbrella maker Chrysostom Staberl the role of his life. In the following years, several stabberliaden in the typical Viennese character comedy followed .
Ignaz Schuster died on November 6, 1835 in Vienna at the age of 56. He and was buried at the General Währinger Friedhof .
- The Adventures of a Real Shawl in Vienna (1820)
- Baron Barefoot (1804)
- Cora, the sun maiden (1812)
- Hamlet, Prince of the Tandelmarkt (1807)
- Jupiter in Vienna (1825)
- The Palace of Truth (1810)
- The upside-down world (1814)
- Ludwig Eisenberg : Large biographical lexicon of the German stage in the XIX. Century . Verlag von Paul List , Leipzig 1903, p. 943, ( Textarchiv - Internet Archive ).
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Schuster, Ignaz . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 32nd part. Kaiserlich-Königliche Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, Vienna 1876, pp. 240–247 ( digitized version ).
- Rommel, Otto: The old Viennese folk comedy . - Vienna: sn, 1952
- Mayer, Norbert I .: Ignaz Schuster and the development of the play from Laroche to Raimund in the change of the theatrical genres of the popular theater . - Vienna, Univ. Diss., 1965
- Works by and about Ignaz Schuster in the German Digital Library
- Entry on Ignaz Schuster in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Ignaz Schuster at Operissimo on the basis of the Great Singer Lexicon
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian singer (bass), actor and composer of the Alt-Wiener Volkstheater|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 20, 1779|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 6, 1835|
|Place of death||Vienna|