Iwan Rheon (born May 13, 1985 in Carmarthen , Wales ) is a British actor and musician . He gained international fame with his role as the sadistic antagonist Ramsay Bolton in the series Game of Thrones .
Childhood and youth
Iwan Rheon was born in the capital of the Welsh county of Carmarthenshire in May 1985 and moved to the Welsh capital Cardiff with his parents, Einir and Rheon Tomos and his older brother Aled at the age of five. Before Rheon started acting at the age of 17, he attended the Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf secondary school for boys and girls. After being discovered during the Eisteddfod cultural festival in Wales, Rheon began studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art .
At the age of 17 Rheon got the role of Macsen White in the Welsh soap Pobol Y Cwm , which he later resigned to study at LAMDA. This was followed by his first notable role in the play Eight Miles High , which was staged at the Royal Court Theater in Liverpool in 2008.
At the end of 2008, Rheon was cast in the role of Moritz Stiefel in the rock musical Spring Awakening . For this role, which he played from January 9, 2009 until the early end of the play in May 2009, Rheon was nominated for the What's On Stage Award for best supporting actor in a musical. In 2010 Rheon won the Olivier Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical.
After the end of Spring Awakening, he became a member of the main cast of the series Misfits on the E4 Channel in 2009 . The series is about five criminal youths who were sentenced to community hours and who all have superpowers after a thunderstorm. Rheon plays the role of Simon Bellamy, who initially impresses with his nervousness and shyness, but according to Rheon is going through a great development in the series. In 2011 he was nominated for Outstanding Actor for the Golden Nymph for this role in the Drama Series category. On December 20, 2011, Rheon announced via the micro-blogging service Twitter that he and his series colleague Antonia Thomas Misfits would leave after the end of the third season.
In addition to two guest appearances in the comedy series Grandma's House in 2011, Rheon also starred in the final episode of the series Secret Diary of a Call Girl .
In early 2012, Rheon began filming the film Wasteland with Luke Treadeaway and Matthew Lewis . A few months later the film Libertador followed with Édgar Ramírez , in which he played the role of Daniel O'Leary. In 2012 it was announced that he had signed on to David Leon's film Driven , which will be released like Libertador in 2013.
Most recently, Rheon was cast as Lord Ramsay Bolton for the HBO series Game of Thrones and for the sitcom Vicious with Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi .
In 2017, Rheon took on the role of young Adolf Hitler in the television film Adolf the Artist . Rupert Grint played Hitler's childhood friend August Kubizek at his side . Also in 2017, he took on the role of Maximus in the Marvel series Inhumans . In The Dirt - They Wanted Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll , the Netflix film adaptation of the biography of the same name about Mötley Crüe , Rheon played Mick Mars in 2019 .
According to his own statements, Rheon has been texting since he was 15, and so it came about that he became the lead singer of the band The Convictions, which he later left to pursue his acting career. In 2010 he recorded his first solo EP, entitled Tongue Tied , through RAK Studios in London. The CD was produced by Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Quarmby and finally released digitally in May 2011. His second EP Changing Times was produced in this way and released on October 10, 2011. During an OnAir radio concert in February 2012, Rheon announced that he was currently working on an album. This is called Bang! Bang! . On January 26, 2015, Iwan Rheon finally released his first album Dinard , which was produced by James Clarke and Jim Unwin.
- 2002–2004: Pobol y Cwm (TV series)
- 2009–2011: Misfits (TV series, 21 episodes)
- 2010: Coming Up
- 2010–2012: Grandma's House (TV series, 2 episodes)
- 2011: Secret Diary of a Call Girl (TV series, 1 episode)
- 2011: Resistance
- 2011: Wild Bill
- 2012: The Back of Beyond
- 2012: Wasteland
- 2013: Libertador
- 2013-2016: Vicious (TV series)
- 2013–2016: Game of Thrones (TV series, 20 episodes)
- 2014: A Woman at the Front ( Our Girl , TV series, 5 episodes)
- 2015: Residue (mini-series)
- 2015: Charlotte's Song
- 2017: SUM1
- 2017: Urban Myths (Miniseries)
- 2017: Riviera (TV series)
- 2017: Marvel's Inhumans
- 2018: Hurricane - Battle of Britain
- 2019: Berlin, I Love You
- 2019: The Dirt - They Wanted Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll (The Dirt)
- 2011: Tongue Tied EP
- 2011: Changing Times EP
- 2013: Bang! Bang! EP
- 2015: Dinard
- Iwan Rheon in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ^ Iwan Rheon: Awards. In: Internet Movie Database . Retrieved June 19, 2016 .
- ↑ Finn Halligan: Lewis, Brown-Findlay, Capaldi line up for Leon's Driven. In: ScreenDaily. May 18, 2012, accessed June 19, 2016 .
- ↑ Samuel Auer: "Misfits" star Iwan Rheon probably in the third season of "Game of Thrones". (No longer available online.) In: filmstarts.de. June 23, 2012, archived from the original on August 10, 2016 ; Retrieved June 19, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Game of Thrones villain Iwan Rheon to play Hitler alongside Harry Potter's Rupert Grint
- ↑ Game of Thrones Grad Iwan Rheon to Star in Marvel's ABC drama 'Inhumans'
- ^ A b Iwan Rheon: About. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on June 19, 2016 ; accessed on June 19, 2016 (English). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Welsh actor and musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 13, 1985|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Carmarthen , Wales|