|Miami Dolphins - No. 7|
|Date of birth: November 16, 1995|
|Place of birth: Orange , California|
|Height: 1.80 m||Weight: 84 kg|
|2018 for the Miami Dolphins|
|College : New Mexico|
|NFL Draft : 2018 / Round: 7 / Pick: 229|
|Current status: active|
|Career highlights and awards|
Selected NFL stats
as of week 17 of the 2019 season
|Long field goal||54|
|Statistics at NFL.com|
|Statistics at pro-football-reference.com|
Jason Thomas Sanders (* 16th November 1995 in Orange , California ) is an American American football poker players on the position of the Kickers . He was selected as the 229th player by the Miami Dolphins in the 2018 NFL Draft . He was previously a table footballer at the University of New Mexico .
When he came to the university in 2014, he was initially a kickoff specialist . He completed 62 kickoffs in 12 games with an average distance of 62.1 yards . In 2015, Sanders was also used as a kicker for the first five games and converted 29 out of 29 possible extra points . In 2016 he scored 59 out of 59 extra points for New Mexico.
|Field goal attempts||Successful FG||%||Longest|
On Matchday 13 of the 2019 season , Sanders caught a touchdown on a trick play against the Philadelphia Eagles . Previously, a kicker had last caught a touchdown pass with Jim Turner on October 16, 1977. In week 14, Sanders converted seven of eight field goal attempts in the 21:22 loss to the New York Jets . This made him the eighth player in NFL history to score seven field goals in one game, and the first Dolphins player to do so.
- NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Jason Sanders. Retrieved June 13, 2018 .
- Jason Sanders. Retrieved June 13, 2018 .
- Jason Sanders - 2017 - New Mexico, University of. Retrieved June 13, 2018 .
- Jordan McPherson, Adam H. Beasley: Who is Miami Dolphins seventh-round pick Jason Sanders? In: The Miami Herald . April 28, 2018, accessed January 28, 2020.
- Cindy Boren: Dolphins pull off wackiest NFL trick play of the year, a punter-to-kicker touchdown. In: The Washington Post . December 1, 2019, accessed January 28, 2020.
- Josh Houtz: Jason Sanders breaks single-game franchise record on thephinsider.com. December 9, 2019, accessed January 28, 2020.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sanders, Jason Thomas (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American football player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 16, 1995|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Orange , California , United States|