The only 18-year-old athlete, supervised by the controversial trainer Ma Junren , defeated the 10,000-meter world record holder Wang Junxia over 5000 meters in 14: 45.90 minutes , set a junior world record and won the Dalian two weeks later . Marathon in 2:32:18.
At the Chinese national games in 1997, just like Dong Yanmei, who was also trained by Ma, she stayed below the old 5,000-meter world record both in the prelim and in the final and set a record in the final with 14: 28.09, which was only achieved in 2004 Elvan Abeylegesse was broken. A few days earlier she had run the second fastest time ever in the 1500 meter run of the same competition with 3: 50.98 minutes.
While Jiang Bo then disappeared into oblivion, a shadow fell on Ma Junren's work in the run-up to the 2000 Summer Olympics , when six of his charges were removed from the Chinese squad for Sydney after abnormal blood tests.
- Jiang Bo in the database of World Athletics (English)
- Presentation page of the athletes for the 3000 meter run of the World Indoor Championships in 1999
- arrs.run: Dalian Marathon
- Women's best Ekiden performances ( Memento from July 19, 2006 in the Internet Archive )
- The Guardian : Hopes raised for war on drugs as Ma's army beats Olympic retreat . September 7, 2000
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||姜, 波; Jiāng, Bō|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Chinese middle and long distance runner|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 13, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wafangdian in Liaoning Province|