After studying law at the Universities of Cologne and Bonn , Ladeur was a research assistant at the University of Gießen from 1971 to 1976 . At the University of Bremen in 1976 he became a doctor of law with his thesis Legal Subject and Legal Structure: An Experiment on the Functioning of Legal Subjectivity. iur. PhD. The habilitation took place in 1982 also at the University of Bremen.
From 1983 to 1994 Ladeur professor at the University of Bremen, then he was appointed to a professorship of public law at the University of Hamburg , which he held until his retirement held in 2009. From 1994 to 1996 he also held a professorship for legal theory at the European University Institute in Florence . After his retirement, Ladeur worked at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences .
Ladeur deals with legal theory and public law . His research in the field of public law focuses on media law , environmental law and European administrative law . He pursued his research at universities in Paris , Amiens , Stanford and Harvard, among others .
Ladeur wants to redefine the relationship between subject, society and the state against the background of more recent philosophical and sociological movements. Instead of drawing clear boundaries between them, he sees them in a relationship of mutual "blurring". This legal-philosophical classification has far-reaching consequences for the function and content of the legal system in general and fundamental rights theory in particular. His postmodern legal theory contains various references to the philosophy of language and systems theory.
In 2011, Ladeur was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Friborg (Switzerland) because he had succeeded in creating interdisciplinary links between law and sociology and he was always looking for solutions to social problems.
- Law - Knowledge - Culture, The fragmented order, Berlin 2016: Duncker & Humblot. ISBN 978-3-428-15054-0 .
- with Ino Augsberg : The function of human dignity in the constitutional state: human genetics - neuroscience . Tübingen 2008: Mohr Siebeck. ISBN 978-3-16-149617-2 .
- The state against society: in defense of the rationality of the "private law society" . Series New Political Sciences , Volume 2. Tübingen 2006: Mohr Siebeck. ISBN 978-3-16-148872-6 .
- The advertising right of the electronic media: Internet - telephone - radio . Series of publications Communication & Law, Volume 23. Heidelberg 2004: Publishing house law and economy. ISBN 3-8005-1355-2 .
- Negative freedom rights and social self-organization: for the generation of social capital through social institutions . Tübingen 2000: Mohr Siebeck. ISBN 3-16-147326-4 .
- Postmodern legal theory: self-reference - self-organization - proceduralization . Berlin 1st edition 1993, 2nd edition 1995: Duncker and Humblot. ISBN 3-428-07406-8 .
- "Weighing" - a new paradigm of administrative law: from the unity of the legal order to legal pluralism . Frankfurt / Main; New York 1984: Campus Publishing. ISBN 3-593-33344-9 .
- Legal subject and legal structure: experiment on the functioning of legal subjectivity . Giessen 1978: Focus-Verlag. ISBN 3-920352-77-7 .
- with Helmut Ridder : The so-called political mandate of the university and student body: legal opinion. (= Supplement No. 1 on Democracy and Law ). Pahl-Rugenstein Verlag , Cologne 1973, ISBN 3-7609-0086-0 .
- Ino Augsberg : Thinking in networks. On the legal and social theory of Karl-Heinz Ladeurs. Verlag Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2009. ISBN 978-3-16-149924-1 .
- Literature by and about Karl-Heinz Ladeur in the catalog of the German National Library
- Official website - University of Hamburg
- Karl-Heinz Ladeur: Law - Knowledge - Culture, The fragmented order, Berlin 2016, p. 50 ff.
- Karl-Heinz Ladeur: Law - Knowledge - Culture, The fragmented order, Berlin 2016, p. 59.
- Article from November 15, 2011 on the occasion of the award of an honorary doctorate on unifr.ch (last accessed on June 11, 2019).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 22, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wuppertal|