Karl Kunst (classical philologist)
Karl Kunst (born June 30, 1895 in Vienna ; † February 26, 1926 there ) was an Austrian classical philologist .
Karl Kunst, the son of the Viennese high school teacher and classical philologist Karl Kunst (1861–1945), studied classical philology at the University of Vienna from 1913 (with Hans von Arnim , Edmund Hauler and Ludwig Radermacher ). In 1917 he passed the teaching exams in Latin and Greek. Since he had passed all exams with distinction, his doctorate as Dr. phil. in the following year (1918) sub auspiciis imperatoris took place.
From 1917 to 1918 Kunst worked as a supplement (auxiliary teacher) at various Viennese high schools. In the winter semester of 1918/1919 he deepened his studies at the University of Berlin , where he heard lectures from Ulrich von Wilamowitz-Moellendorff , Hermann Diels , Eduard Norden and Wilhelm Schubart . After his return he continued teaching at Viennese grammar schools and was appointed grammar school professor. He also pursued his academic qualifications: in 1920 he qualified as a professor at the University of Vienna for classical philology. From the winter semester of 1921/1922 he directed the Greek course for graduates of the Realgymnasium at the university, and later also the Latin course. In 1924 he was appointed associate professor and entrusted with the management of the German-Greek proseminar. He died after a brief, serious illness on February 26, 1926 at the age of 30.
- De S. Hieronymi studiis Ciceronianis . In: Dissertationes philologae Vindobonenses . Volume 12 (1918), pp. 109-210
- Studies on Greco-Roman comedy with special consideration of the final scenes and their motifs . Vienna / Leipzig 1919
- The female characters in the Attic drama . Vienna / Leipzig 1922
- Rhetorical Papyri: On behalf of the Berlin Papyrus Commission . Berlin 1923 ( Berlin Classic Texts 7)
- with Ernst Kalinka : Concise Greek language teaching with exercises . Vienna 1925
- Mauriz Schuster : Karl Art . In: Biographisches Jahrbuch für Altertumskunde . Volume 47 (1927), pp. 1–12
- Ludmilla Krestan: Art, Karl. In: Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 4, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1969, p. 353.
- Literature by Karl Kunst in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian classical philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 30, 1895|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 26, 1926|
|Place of death||Vienna|