Klaus Peter Sedlbauer (born December 11, 1965 in Tegernsee ) is a German building physicist who has made important contributions in the areas of building biology , energy , life cycle assessment , product development , hygrothermics and indoor climate . He is head of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics and full professor of the Chair for Building Physics at the Technical University of Munich .
Live and act
After graduating from high school in Miesbach, Sedlbauer studied physics at the Ludwig Maximilians University from 1986 to 1992 and graduated with a degree in physics. From 1992 to 1994 Sedlbauer was a research assistant at the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics of the Fraunhofer Society . The focus of his work at the Holzkirchen and Stuttgart locations were the topics of energy, life cycle assessment, product development, hygrothermics and indoor climate. He wrote his dissertation at the Faculty of Construction at the University of Stuttgart on the topic of predicting mold growth. He received his doctorate for this in 2001 with distinction.
From 1994 to 1997 he headed the component development work group in the “Gips-Schüle” department at the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics in Stuttgart. From 1997 to 1999 he was head of the “Hygrothermal Software Development” working group in the “Hygrothermal” department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics at the Holzkirchen location. From 2000 to 2003 he took over the deputy head of the departments “Hygrothermics” and “Heat technology-Holzkirchen” and was finally appointed deputy head of the institute in Holzkirchen in October 2000.
From March to October 2003 Sedlbauer was professor for the field of "Constructive building physics and building technology" at the Rosenheim University of Applied Sciences . Until his appointment as head of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics, which was then based in Stuttgart, Holzkirchen, Kassel and Leinfelden-Echterdingen on November 1, 2003, he succeeded in making the subject of biology in the construction and materials sector an integral part of the research landscape at the institute in Holzkirchen to establish. From November 2003 to March 2014, Klaus Peter Sedlbauer was Professor of Building Physics at the University of Stuttgart. Among other things, he added the advanced training course "Master Online Building Physics" to the courses offered there. Sedlbauer has also been the managing director of the institute center in Stuttgart, which comprises a total of six research institutes. Since April 1, 2014 Sedlbauer has been Professor of Building Physics at the Faculty of Building Geo Environment at the Technical University of Munich and the sole director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics since January 1, 2016, with three locations - as of 2019 - Stuttgart, Holzkirchen and Nuremberg .
- In 2004 Sedlbauer received the WTA Prize of the Scientific-Technical Assocation for Building Maintenance and Monuments Preservation eV
- In 2005 he was awarded the badge of honor by the Münster Chamber of Crafts .
- In 2013 he was elected a member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences .
Major research work was carried out on behalf of the state and on behalf of publicly funded institutions, the construction industry and industrial associations. The focus was on the areas of building products and methods / software development and evaluation / assessment, in the building physics disciplines of energy saving, thermal insulation, moisture protection, indoor climate, health and environmental compatibility as well as the development of the areas of biology and sustainability in construction.
- From 2003 to 2019 at the latest, member of the Indoor Air Hygiene Commission of the Federal Environment Agency
- From 2004 to 2019 at the latest, member of the scientific advisory board of the Federal Association for Mold Remediation
- since 2006 member of the main commission of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Fraunhofer Society
- 2007 co-founder and until 2015 at the latest a member of the Presidium of the German Sustainable Building Council
- 2008 member of the scientific expert committee of the then Federal Ministry for Transport, Building and Urban Development
- since 2013 full member of the technical science class at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences (BBAW)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Steinbeis Foundation for Economic Development (StW) from 2013 to 2019 at the latest
- since 2014 member of the newly founded Commission for Sustainable Building (KNB) at the Federal Environment Agency
- the Fraunhofer IBP
- Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences elects seven new members to the Science Information Service (idw-online.de), accessed on June 14, 2013
- members of the Indoor Commission , accessed on August 14, 2019
- Board of Directors, Advisory Board and Office , accessed on August 14, 2019
- 2015: New DGNB Presidium elected , accessed on August 14, 2019
- Members of the Steinbeis Board of Trustees , accessed on August 14, 2019
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Sedlbauer becomes a member of the board of trustees of the Steinbeis Foundation for Economic Development at the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics (www.ibp.fraunhofer.de), accessed on May 14, 2014
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Sedlbauer advises on the Sustainable Building Commission at Bundesbaublatt (bundesbaublatt.de), accessed on May 14, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sedlbuer, Klaus Peter (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German building physicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 11, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tegernsee|