|Height :||342 m|
|Area :||2.02 km²|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 1972|
|Postal code :||72658|
|Area code :||07123|
Kleinbettlingen is about a kilometer east of Bempflingen in the direction of Grafenberg . Neighboring towns are Großbettlingen in the north, Grafenberg in the east, Riederich in the south and Bempflingen in the west .
The small extent of the village markings suggests that small bedlings did not already exist when the land was taken, but only in the construction period of the 7th / 8th centuries. Century was settled by large bedlings. The name is derived from the first name Badulo . The name of the place is first clearly mentioned in 1313 as Clainbaettelingen . Previously existing written records only name Batilingin or Bettilingen , so a clear distinction from the community of Großbettlingen is not possible. Kleinbettlingen belonged to the Grafenberg court and most likely passed in the middle of the 13th century with the county of Urach to the Counts of Württemberg , then belonged to the old Württemberg office of Neuffen until its abolition in 1806.
The Thirty Years War (1618–1648) made itself felt in Kleinbettlingen after the Nördlinger Battle in 1634. Looting and the plague made the place uninhabited for over 12 years. In 1654 there were only 27 inhabitants again.
On January 1, 1972, Kleinbettlingen was incorporated into Bempflingen.
The population figures are census results
coat of arms
The town's coat of arms, adopted in 1952, shows a split shield in front in silver with a red K, in the back in red a silver ploughshare.
Economy and Infrastructure
Kleinbettlingen is connected to Bempflingen and Grafenberg by the K 1259.
The nearest train station (Bempflingen) is one kilometer away on the Plochingen – Tübingen line . However, it is only served by regional trains.
In Kleinbettlingen there is the former town hall, which is no longer used by the public. There is also a kindergarten.
- Hans Schwenkel: Home book of the Nürtingen district . Volume 2. Würzburg 1953, pp. 529-538.
- Sönke Lorenz (ed.): Bempflingen and Kleinbettlingen , Wegra Verlagsgesellschaft Stuttgart, 1991, ISBN 3-921546-28-1
- Kleinbettlingen at leo-bw, the regional information system for Baden-Württemberg
- History of Kleinbettlingen on the website of the Bempflingen community
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 454 .