life and work
After Halbritter had completed his training as a chemigrapher , he attended the Werkkunstschule in Offenbach am Main from 1948 to 1952 , today the University of Design . From 1954 he worked as an illustrator and author.
He gained fame through caricatures in the satirical magazine pardon (Halbritters Halbwelt) and in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . Halbritter invented the Frankfurt dialect- speaking ("babbling") advertising characters Schorsch and Schaa (High German Georg and Jean) for the Binding brewery .
Half-knight died of a heart attack while on a boat trip to Ireland.
- In 1968 Halbritter received a prize from the Zille Foundation for three pardon contributions .
- In 1970 he was awarded the Joseph E. Drexel Prize .
- 2014: Extensive exhibition in the Caricatura Museum for Komische Kunst in Frankfurt am Main, house of the New Frankfurt School , which Halbritter helped shape.
- 2016: In the Frankfurt district of Rödelheim , where Halbritter lived for a long time, a green area was named after him, the Kurt-Halbritter-Anlage . Since then, the bronze sculpture Der Barfüßer has stood there, made by the sculptor Siegfried Böttcher based on a drawing by Halbritter from 1975. The sculpture is part of the series Komische Kunst in the Frankfurt Green Belt .
- Discipline is everything (1954, 1960), with a foreword by Werner Finck . Bärmeier and Nikel publishing house
- Johannes - Ein Schmunzelbuch (1958). Bärmeier and Nikel
- The Murder Brothers (1960). Bärmeier and Nikel
- Love, gossip and world history (with Hermann Mostar , 1966). Henry Goverts Verlag Stuttgart
- If you copy, you get a 5 (with Hermann Schiefer , 1967). Bärmeier and Nikel; rororo TB, 1972, ISBN 3-499-11526-3
Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf (1968). Carl Hanser Verlag, 4th edition 1998, ISBN 3-446-15063-3
- New edition: Vitolibro, Bad Malente 2014, ISBN 978-3-86940-110-2
- Knigge wrong (with Kurt Sigel, 1970). Bärmeier and Nikel
- The art of annoying teachers (with Hermann Schiefer). Bärmeier and Nikel; rororo TB, 1972, ISBN 3-499-11472-0
Halbritter's Flora and Fauna (1975). Goldmann Verlag, ISBN 3-442-08630-2
- New edition: Vitolibro, Bad Malente 2014, ISBN 978-3-86940-111-9
- Everyone Has The Right (1976), Hanser, ISBN 3-446-12182-X .
- Halbritter's arsenal (1977). Hanser, 3rd edition 1985, ISBN 3-446-12424-1
- Board games (1978). Hanser, ISBN 3-446-12613-9 .
- Halbritter's Book of Discoveries (1980). Edited from the estate by Robert Gernhardt . Hanser, ISBN 3-446-13115-9
- Robert Gernhardt : Man under power . In: Ders .: The last draftsman, essays on art and caricature . Haffmans, Zurich 1999, pp. 207-218, ISBN 3-251-00441-7 . 3rd edition, Fischer TB 14978, Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 978-3-596-14987-2 .
- Literature by and about Kurt Halbritter in the catalog of the German National Library
- Schorsch and Schaa beer coasters drawn by Kurt Halbritter: Series 1: Logo on both sides binding, size 95 × 95 mm , Series 2: Logo on both sides binding, size 93 × 93 mm , Series 3: Logo on the front binding beer, rear binding , series 4: logo on both sides binding beer , series 5: front information on fitness to drive
- Federal archive - central database for estates In: nachlassdatenbank.de. Retrieved on August 30, 2016 (information about Kurt Halbritter's estate in the Institute for Urban History Frankfurt am Main ).
- Caricatura Museum Frankfurt: Kurt Halbritter. Website about the exhibition, artist and works; Retrieved November 3, 2017
- Thomas Stillbauer: The barefoot is there . In: Frankfurter Rundschau , April 2, 2016; accessed on July 27, 2017
- Photo of an information stele of the Frankfurt green belt with information on the sculpture Der Barfüßer and a reproduction of the drawing by Halbritter that served as a template
|SURNAME||Half knight, Kurt|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German satirical draftsman and caricaturist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 22, 1924|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 21, 1978|