Armin Ayren (born March 7, 1934 in Friedrichshafen on Lake Constance; born Ayrenschmalz ) is a German writer who has also published under the pseudonyms Hermann Schiefer and Meister Konrad .
Ayren attended high schools in Upper Swabia and Esslingen am Neckar and studied German, Romance languages, art history and philosophy at the universities of Tübingen , Paris and Munich . In 1961 he graduated with the state examination and received his doctorate in Tübingen with the dissertation on the concept of the adventure novel. A genre-theoretical investigation .
For the next eight years he worked as a lecturer for the German Academic Exchange Service at the universities of Aix-en-Provence , Toulouse , Milan and Nice , before becoming a cultural advisor in Biberach an der Riß for a short time in 1971 and then as a teacher at a business school in Waldshut / Hochrhein changed where he taught German and French. In 1993 he retired. He has been married since 1987 to the Karlsruhe-born writer Eva Berberich, who has won the hearts of her own fan base with cat stories and cat thrillers.
Ayren is a member of the PEN Center Germany . He wrote novels, short stories, radio plays, feature articles, essays and literary reviews, which he published in the Stuttgarter Zeitung and the FAZ , among others . His radio plays have been broadcast on WDR , SWF , SDR and ORF since 1985 .
- 1968 The Arsonist and Other Deviations. ISBN 3552020012
- 1980 The man in the fireplace. ISBN 3-548-26073-X
- 1982 Buhl or The Subjunctive. ISBN 3-8052-0364-0
- 1985 The flambéed baby. ISBN 3-442-06827-4
- 1985 The blue of the egg. ISBN 3-89151-020-9
- 1989 The Baden-Baden window lintel. ISBN 3-522-70580-7
- 1990 The Drums of Mecca. ISBN 3-7650-8081-0
- 1992 About the subjunctive. ISBN 3-925016-92-9
- 1997 One man, one woman (with Eva Berberich). ISBN 3-926023-64-3
- 2002 About the pleasure of comparing. ISBN 3-86142-266-2
- 2004 The sauté trough
- 2005 The ladder to the stars. ISBN 3-86142-335-9
- 2008 The rider in the foothills. Stories. ISBN 3-9337-6541-2
Under Hermann Schiefer
- 1967 If you copy off, you get a 5! ISBN 3499115263 (illustrations by Kurt Halbritter )
- 1972 The art of annoying teachers. ISBN 3499114720 (illustrations by Kurt Halbritter)
Under Master Konrad
- 1987 The Nibelung novel. ISBN 3891510462
- Literature by and about Armin Ayren in the catalog of the German National Library
- Armin Ayren: Eich and the great time of German radio play. Nostalgic obituary for a literary genre that has already passed away . Stuttgarter Zeitung, December 4, 1999
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ayrenschmalz, Armin (maiden name); Schiefer, Hermann (pseudonym); Master Konrad (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 7, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Friedrichshafen|