According to a calculation for 2013, around 787 inhabitants live there, the result of the last published census from 1993 was 711.
Kwinella is located in the Lower River Region in the Kiang Central District . The small town is about 29 kilometers west of Soma and about 12.5 kilometers north of Sankandi . It is located on the South Bank Road , Gambia's main trunk road . A road branches off to the north to Tendaba .
Culture and sights
- Namba Tinti : historical site
- Mamkoto : historical cave (or cavern)
- Kumpa : historical site
- Kunyabali : historical site
- Bulangkeling Semani : religious prayer place
- Mamakara Taba : historical tree
- Kwinella on bevoelkerungsstatistik.de (no longer available online, last accessed May 2013)
- Allen Meagher (ed.): Historic sites of The Gambia. Ada Dinkiralu (Mandinka), Bereb-I-Chosan (Wolof), Tarica Tawal (Fula), Nannin (Jola), Soninke Ada (Serehuli), I-Mofan Chosan (Serer). An official guide to the monuments and sites of The Gambia. National Council for the Arts and Culture, Banjul The Gambia 1998, ISBN 9983-80-011-014 .