Lavash (or Lawash , Persian ﻟﻮﺍﺶ Lavāsch , DMG lavas , Armenian լավաշ lavash , Kurdish Nane Sele , Azeri and Turkish lavas ) is an unleavened flatbread , which mainly in the Armenian , Azerbaijani , Turkish , Kurdish and Persian cuisine , as well as in Georgia is used. The dry lavash is used as a host in the Armenian church .
The three ingredients of the original recipe are just flour , salt and water . The dough was placed on the hot surfaces of the oven and spread out into smaller flatbreads or into very large ones with a diameter of up to 40 cm. It is considered the most eaten bread in Armenia ("Armenian flatbread") and in Iran ("Persian flatbread"). A similar version of this bread exists in the United States, but it is a little softer to wrap food in. Freshly made lavash is easy to shape, but it dries quickly and then becomes crispy. That is why fresh lavash is also designed as a wrap or used as a rolled kebab shell ( called Dürüm in Turkey ). Special Lawasch bakeries also exist in German-speaking countries.
- tamkat.sky.hl-users.com ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- New entries in the UNESCO lists of intangible cultural heritage. In: Unesco.de. Retrieved December 1, 2016 .
- Lavash, the preparation, meaning and appearance of traditional bread as an expression of culture in Armenia . UNESCO ; Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- Dance Capoeira and Lavash Bread are World Heritage Sites . unsertirol24.com, November 28, 2014; Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- Fighting dance capoeira and paper scooping from Japan are world cultural heritage . In: Zeit Online ; Retrieved November 28, 2014.