Lothar Kuhn (born April 30, 1946 in Halle (Saale) ; † January 13, 2017 ) was a German production designer and architect who designed a large number of television and feature films for DEFA as a film architect and until his death as a production designer and architect was active.
After completing his vocational training as a bricklayer with a high school diploma in Aue, he completed his architecture studies at the Bauhaus University Weimar and then worked there as a scientific assistant with a doctorate .
Of ambition and love for creative work he came to mediation by Designer Alfred deer Meier , the film and worked from 1978 in the DEFA - Film Studio Babelsberg as art director. From 1982 he worked as a film set designer for z. Partly very complex large-scale productions (including Ernst Thälmann, Albert Einstein). He has also prepared and realized several international large-scale productions of the DEFA studio such as: Die MaTION , Anna Pawlowa and Der Sieg .
In his work as a scenographer and architect, he was able to implement the concept, design and construction for the STUDIO tour and the later Babelsberg Film Park .
The work as a film scenographer and architect for event design with unusual equipment specifications and wishes for recreational staging also represented, in addition to his work as a building construction architect, the wide range of work.
- 1979: Solo Sunny , set design with A. Hirschmeier / director K. Wolf / DEFA-Spielfilmst.
- 1980: Levins Mühle , scene b. with G.Wratsch / directed by H. Seemann / DEFA-Spielfilmst.
- 1982: Platz oder Sieg , directed by C. Dobberke / DEFA-Spielfilmstudio
- 1982: The warning , 2 parts directed by JABardem / DEFA coproduction Soviet., Bulgaria
- 1983: Weiberwirtschaft , Re. P. Kahane / DEFA
- 1983: Anna Pawlowa , directed by E. Lotjanu / DEFA co-production Soviet., Moldova
- 1983/84: The victory (Pobeda), 2 parts / directed by J.Madwejew / DEFA coproduction Soviet Union
- 1991: The suspicion, scene b. with F.Hirschmeier / Reg. F.Beyer / DEFA
- 1983/84: All in the family , 3 parts / directed by C. Petzold / DEFA feature film
- 1984/85: Ernst Thälmann, 2 parts / directed by G. Schiemann / DEFA feature film
- 1987: Vera, The difficult path of knowledge , 3 parts / directed by H.Seemann / DEFA feature film
- 1989: Katharina - Polizeiruf 110 , directed by G.Schiemann / DEFA-Spielfilm
- 1990: Albert Einstein, 2 parts / directed by G.Schiemann / DEFA / GDR television
- 1990: The Adventure of a Peaceful Man, directed by P. Hill / DEFA / GDR television
- 1991: European Film Award , production design with D. Flimm / directed by Arndt / DEFA
- 1992: 75 years of UFA , directed by H.Blumenberg / DEFA / ZDF
- 1992: Kesseltreiben , Tatort / directed by P.Schulze-Rohr / ARD
- 2001: Fateful Desire , Tatort / Directed by M.Lähn / ARD / MDR
- 2001: Payday, crime scene / directed by P.Bringmann / ARD / SFB
- 2006: Napoleon and the Germans , 4 parts documentary fiction / directed by G.Schiemann / ARD / ARTE / MDR
- 2006: Back then in the GDR - The Stasi , Docu-Fiction / Director K.Laske / MDR
- 2007: Back then after the war , 4 parts documentary fiction / directed by K.Laske / MDR
- 2009: Luise, Queen of Hearts , directed by G.Schiemann / Doku-Fiction / NDR / ARTE
Event / exhibition design
- 1993–97 Filmpark Babelsberg formerly Studio Tour Babelsberg Concept, design, construction management
- ("Caligari Hall" / "Palace of the Sultan" ( The Little Muck ) / "Showscan Actionkino" / Beer Garden / Sandman Exhibition / U-Boat / Western Street / Animal Show / "Golem City")
- 1997–2003 / 10 Filmpark Babelsberg Concept, design, construction management
- (Entrance gate / restaurant "Prinz Eisenherz" / Janosch world "Panama" / stunt show "Vulkan" / "Radio Teddy" / Sandmann exhibition extension)
- 2006/07 El Dorado Templin amusement park / new concept / design event architecture
- 1986 National Prize of the GDR 2nd class in the collective for "Ernst Thälmann"
- Lothar Kuhn in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Lothar Kuhn at filmportal.de
- Newsletter of the DEFA Foundation in February 2017. (No longer available online.) February 8, 2017, archived from the original on February 11, 2017 ; accessed on February 8, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German production designer and architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 30, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Halle (Saale)|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 13, 2017|