Life and work
Franz, who was a Roman Catholic , first attended the elementary school in Wörth and then the grammar schools in Straubing and Regensburg , where he passed his Abitur in 1941 . From 1944 to 1949 he studied history, economics and journalism at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich . Subsequently, until 1953 he was political editor for the newspapers Donaubote (until 1950), Tages-Anzeiger and Deutsche Tagespost (both from 1950). Since 1953 he was the union secretary of the Catholic Werkvolks.
Franz joined the CSU in 1950.
- 1965: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1970: Bavarian State Medal for Social Merit
- 1973: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1978: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1983: Great Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CSU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 30, 1922|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wörth on the Danube|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd July 1990|
|Place of death||Rottach-Egern|