Bernhard Ludwig Storch (born April 14, 1803 in Ruhla , West Thuringia ; † February 5, 1881 in Kreuzwertheim , Lower Franconia ) was a German poet and writer and a long-time friend of Ludwig Bechstein .
Ludwig Storch was born as the son of a doctor in Ruhla. On January 1, 1817, he had to start an apprenticeship as a businessman in Erfurt , from which he was dismissed after 15 months because of poetic secondary employment . After attending grammar schools in Nordhausen and Gotha , he first began studying theology and philosophy at the University of Göttingen , which he gave up after a short time. On February 15, 1825, he married Ernestine Schramm, mother of his two sons.
From this point he began his writing career. In total, he brought out over 50 works, including descriptions of landscapes, short stories, ballads and poems. At the instigation of his friend Alexander Ziegler , he wrote poems in the Ruhla dialect from 1863 onwards.
His publishing house with book printing, founded in 1841, went bankrupt three years later. In 1850 he founded a kindergarten in Nordhausen , but the Prussian government forbade it to continue. This was followed by a wandering life in Central Germany, especially in Thuringia.
In 1866 he moved with his wife to Kreuzwertheim am Main, where he died in 1881 as a pensioner of the Schiller Foundation from the consequences of a stroke.
- History of Emperor Charles the Fifth. Leipzig 1865 ( online - Internet Archive )
- Lotar Köllner (Ed.): Ludwig Storch, poems and texts. Selection from “Poetic Legacy” and other works . Löhr Verlag, Ruhla 2002.
- Ludwig Julius Fränkel: Storch, Ludwig . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 36, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1893, pp. 439-442.
- Article Ludwig Storch in: Illustrirte Zeitung , Vol. 40 (1863), pp. 13-14.
- Lotar Köllner: Important Ruhla people from four centuries. Their lives, their work, their works . Löhr Verlag, Ruhla 2005 (contributions to Ruhla local history; 7).
- Heinrich Weigel, Lotar Köllner, Hanns-Peter Mederer: Ludwig Storch. Contributions to the life and work of the Thuringian writer . Quartus-Verlag, Bucha 2003, ISBN 3-936455-18-X .
- Lotar Köllner: Important Ruhlaer from four centuries presented by Lotar Köllner. Ruhla 2005
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Storch, Bernhard Ludwig (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German poet and writer, and long-time friend of Ludwig Bechstein|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 14, 1803|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ruhla , West Thuringia|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 5, 1881|
|Place of death||Kreuzwertheim , Lower Franconia|