Melchior Ernst von Knobloch
Origin and family
Melchior Ernst was a member of the Prussian noble family von Knobloch . His parents were the Prussian Rittmeister and heir to Losgehnen Melchior Erdmann von Knobloch (1698–1733) and Dorothea Emerentia Ursin von Baer adH Blockinnen , (1710–1746), a granddaughter of the court preacher and bishop Benjamin Ursinus von Baer .
He married Johanna Charlotte von Petzinger adH Pomedien (1733–1806) in 1760 . The marriage resulted in two daughters and three sons.
Knobloch enrolled in 1740 at the University of Königsberg in order jurisprudence to study. From 1754 to 1756 he was a trainee lawyer at the Königsberg court . Later he went to the Berlin Court of Appeal and worked briefly as a commissioner at the judicial college in Neuhausen . During the occupation by the Russians , he left the college. After 1763 passed the big exam with good results, he was in 1764 as Hofgerichtsrat bestallt . In 1777 he advanced to the East Prussian Tribunal and Pupil Council and in 1785 to the secret budget minister and at the same time became the fourth member of the East Prussian government. He ended his career in 1788 as Minister and Oberburggraf. His successor in office in Königsberg was Christoph Albrecht von Ostau (1735–1805).
He was hereditary lord on ransom and bareback.
- Christian August Ludwig Klaproth, Immanuel Karl Wilhelm Cosmar: The royal Prussian and electoral Brandenburg real secret Council of State on its 200-year foundation day January 5, 1805 , Berlin 1805, p. 483
- Rolf Straubel : Biographical manual of the Prussian administrative and judicial officials 1740–1806 / 15 . In: Historical Commission to Berlin (Ed.): Individual publications . 85. KG Saur Verlag, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-598-23229-9 , pp. 504 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Leopold von Zedlitz-Neukirch : New Preussisches Adels-Lexicon , Volume 3, Leipzig 1837, p. 130
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of noble houses , Justus Perthes , Gotha 1902, p. 488f.
- Lars A. Severin: Contributions to a list of descendants of the court preacher Benjamin Ursin (us) von Bär. In: Der Herold, quarterly for heraldry, genealogy and allied sciences. New series, Volume 18, Volume 56, Issue 1–2, Berlin 2013, pp. 446–456.
|SURNAME||Knobloch, Melchior Ernst von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Prussian Real Privy Councilor and Minister|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 28, 1732|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 22, 1788|
|Place of death||Koenigsberg|