Leopold von Zedlitz-Neukirch
Freiherr Leopold was a member of the Silesian noble family Zedlitz . From 1803 to 1806 he attended the pedagogy in Halle . In 1812 he joined the Austrian army and received an officer position in the Cuirassier Regiment No. 6 from Moriz Fürst Liechtenstein . He was seriously wounded in the Battle of Hanau on October 30, 1813 and then took up a position as adjutant to Lieutenant Field Marshal Count Johann Nepomuk von Nostitz-Rieneck . In 1814 he accompanied Marie-Louise of Austria and Napoleon Franz Bonaparte on their flight from Rome to Vienna . He returned to Prussia in 1819 and lived independently in Berlin from 1826. There he engaged in scientific studies and literary work. Leopold von Zedlitz-Neukirch became famous primarily for publishing the New Prussian Nobility Lexicon . In May 1852 he was sentenced to two years in prison for homosexual contact.
- France as a military state under Louis XVIII ten years after the Peace of Paris (1823)
- Folk tales, stories and poetry (1827)
- The state forces of the Prussian monarchy under Friedrich Wilhelm III. (1828 f.)
- Glimpses of Bosnia, Rascia, Hercegowina and Servien in the continuation of the Russo-Turkish War in 1829 (1829)
- Europe in 1829, A genealogical-statistical-historical handbook (1829)
- The Free Cities: A Geographical-Statistical-Historical Paperback for Businessmen and Travelers (1831)
- Guide through the Prussian state to the neighboring countries and capitals of Europe (1831; full text )
- Scientific explanation of the use of global representations of the earth (1831)
- Poland. A historical-geographical-statistical pocketbook for travelers (1831)
- New hydrographic lexicon for the German states (1833)
- The monument to Frederick II (1833)
- Pantheon of the Prussian Army. (1835; full text )
- New Prussian Nobility Lexicon , 6 vols. (1836–1843)
- From the noble world. Novel (1855)
- Karl Gabriel Nowack : Silesian writer lexicon or bio-bibliographical directory of the Silesian writers living in the second quarter of the 19th century . Volume 4, Breslau 1840, pp. 174-176.
- Bernhard von Poten : Zedlitz and Neukirch, Leopold Freiherr von . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 44, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1898, p. 748 f.
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Zedlitz-Neukirch, Leopold von . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 59th part. Imperial-Royal Court and State Printing Office, Vienna 1890, p. 260 f. ( Digitized version ).
- Jens Dobler : Zedlitz-Neukirch, Leopold von . In: Mann für Mann - Biographisches Lexikon - On the history of love for friends and male-male sexuality in the German-speaking area . Lit. Verlag Dr. W. Hopf, Berlin 2010, p. 1309.
- Literature by and about Leopold von Zedlitz-Neukirch in the catalog of the German National Library
|SURNAME||Zedlitz-Neukirch, Leopold von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Zedlitz-Neukirch, Ernst Leopold von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer, statistician and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 7, 1792|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tiefhartmannsdorf , Silesia|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 26, 1864|
|Place of death||Berlin|