Melissa Sue Anderson
Anderson showed high intelligence even as a young girl, which resulted in her being allowed to graduate from high school early. At the urging of a dance instructor, who saw a promising talent in Anderson, her parents hired an agent for their daughter. The demand was great and after a few commercials and guest appearances (including in 1973 in Three Girls and Three Boys ) Michael Landon hired her for his series Our Little Farm . Anderson was nominated for an Emmy Award in 1978 for her performance in the double episode in which Mary Ingalls , played by her, went blind .
After leaving the series, the actress worked in many other series and films, with which, however, she was unable to build on the success of the Little Farm . In 1979 she received an Emmy Award for her role in Which Mother Is Mine? . In the same year she had a guest role in the series Love Boat and was seen in 1981 in the horror film From Into Eternity with Glenn Ford . In 2006 she took on a role in the television production 10.5 - Apocalypse .
Melissa Sue Anderson has been married to producer and screenwriter Michael Sloan since 1990, with whom she has two children. The family has lived in Montreal since 2002 and has been a Canadian citizen since 2007.
- 1972: In love with a witch (season 8, episode 20)
- 1973: Three Girls and Three Boys ( The Brady Bunch ; TV series, 1 episode)
- 1973: Shaft (TV series, 1 episode)
- 1974–1981: Our Little Farm (as Mary Ingalls / Mary Ingalls Kendall) (163 episodes)
- 1976: The victory of his life ( The Loneliest Runner )
- 1978–1986: Love Boat (5 episodes: season 2, episode 9; season 3, episode 8; season 4, episode 8; season 9 episodes 22 and 23)
- 1980: Fantasy Island (TV series, 1 episode)
- 1981: Off to Eternity ( Happy Birthday to me )
- 1982, 1983: Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends ( Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends , television series, 2 episodes)
- 1984: The Killer Machine (Goma-2)
- 1984: Murder Is Her Hobby (Season 1, Episode 4 In The Wrong Movie )
- 1984, 1985: Hotel (TV series, 2 episodes)
- 1987, 1988: The Equalizer (TV series, 4 episodes)
- 1988: Revenge Without Hope ( Far North )
- 1988–1989: Alfred Hitchcock shows (2 episodes: season 3, episode 1; season 4, episode 8)
- 1989: Looking Your Best
- 1990: Dead Men Don't Die
- 1998: Earthquake in New York (TV movie)
- 2006: 5/10 - Apocalypse (TV miniseries)
- 2018: The Con Is On
- The way I see it. A look back at my life on Little house . Globe Pequot Press, Guilford 2010. (autobiography)
- Melissa Sue Anderson in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Melissa Sue Anderson ~ Mary Ingalls in Our Little Farm sS oschti.ch
- Melissa Sue Anderson in the German dubbing file
- Melissa Sue Anderson (Mary Ingalls Kendall) at ourkleinefarm.net (resource no longer available)
- Melissa Sue Anderson at katastrophenfilme.net. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Our little farm . The official DVD collection. Issue No. 3, p. 14, chapter: Main characters: "Melissa Sue Anderson on the fly". © by Universal Studios. Issued 2010 by GE Fabbri Limited, The Communications Building, London. Journal contributions by Patrick Loubatière.
- Entry at filmreference.com
|SURNAME||Anderson, Melissa Sue|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American-Canadian actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 26, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berkeley , California , United States|