Live and act
Eid studied psychology from 1983 to 1989 at the University of Mannheim and the University of Trier . He did his doctorate in the field of methods and evaluation, for which he was awarded a dissertation prize by the University of Trier. After his habilitation in Trier in 1999, he initially taught as a substitute professor at the University of Mainz and the University of Magdeburg . From 2001 to 2003 a teaching position followed at the University of Koblenz-Landau . He then was Professor of Methods and Evaluation at the University of Geneva and in 2006 took over a professorship at the Free University of Berlin , where he still teaches today.
In addition, Eid is active in research with a focus on the personal, situational and cultural conditions of well-being as well as mood regulation.
Eid is the author and co-author of several textbooks as well as numerous articles, including for science journals such as the European Journal of Research Methods in the Behavioral and Social Sciences, the Journal of Happiness Studies and the British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology . From 2001 to 2003 he was editor-in-chief at Methods of Psychological Research-Online. He was also a member of the Methods and Evaluation Section (1998–2003) and founding editor of Methodology - European Journal of Research Methods in the Behavioral and Social Sciences (2004–2008).
- Dissertation award from the University of Trier
- Young Scientists Prize of the Methods and Evaluation Section of the German Society for Psychology
- Models of measuring people in situations . (Dissertation), Psychologie Verlags Union, Weinheim 1995, ISBN 978-3-621-27279-7
- with Rolf Steyer, Peter Schwenkmezger , P. Notz: The multi-dimensional state of mind questionnaire. Manual instruction . Hogrefe, Göttingen 1997
- with Rolf Steyer: Measuring and Testing (2nd, corrected edition; 1st edition: 1993). Springer, Berlin 2001, ISBN 978-3-540-67919-6
- as ed. with Ed Diener : Handbook of multimethod measurement in psychology . American Psychological Association, Washington DC 2006, ISBN 978-1591473183
- as ed. with Franz Petermann : Handbuch der Psychologische Diagnostik . Hogrefe, Göttingen 2006, ISBN 978-3-8017-1911-1
- as ed. with Randy J. Larsen: The science of subjective well-being . Guilford, New York 2008, ISBN 978-1593855819
- with Katharina Schmidt: test theory and test construction . Hogrefe, Göttingen 2014, ISBN 978-3-8017-2161-9
- with Mario Gollwitzer , Manfred Schmitt: Collection of formulas for statistics and research methods. Beltz, Weinheim 2016, ISBN 978-3-621-28126-3
- with Mario Gollwitzer, Manfred Schmitt: Statistics and Research Methods (5th edition, 1st edition: 2010). Beltz, Weinheim 2017, ISBN 978-3-621-28201-7
- as ed. with Michael D. Robinson: The happy mind: Cognitive contributions to well-being. Springer, Dordrecht 2017, ISBN 978-3-319-58761-5
- Literature by and about Michael Eid in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Michael Eid in the WorldCat bibliographic database
- Michael Eid on the website of the Free University of Berlin (with list of publications)
- Researcher on the Secret of Happiness. In: BZ September 3, 2011, accessed on March 5, 2020 .
- Free University of Berlin: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Oath. October 6, 2006, accessed March 5, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychologist, happiness researcher and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 31, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludwigshafen am Rhein|