Michael Klett is the eldest son of the publisher Ernst Klett the Younger (1911–1998). After graduating from the Birklehof boarding school and then doing military service as a reserve officer candidate (last rank: first lieutenant ), he did a publishing apprenticeship and trained as an actor before studying German and philosophy. Before joining Ernst Klett Verlag in 1965 , he gained professional experience in publishing houses in the USA and Great Britain. In 1973 he became a managing partner of Ernst Klett Verlag. From 1996 he was CEO of Ernst Klett Aktiengesellschaft.
Michael Klett works on a voluntary basis, especially in the context of German-French relations. From 1994 to 1999 he was a member of the Stuttgart regional parliament. Since 1986 he has been the Swedish honorary consul . In 2009 he handed over Ernst Klett Verlag to other hands.
He is honorary chairman of the Academy for the Spoken Word in Stuttgart.
- Officer in the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- Commander of the Swedish North Star Order
- Officier dans l ' Ordre national du Mérite
- Officier de la Legion d'Honneur (2005)
- Federal Cross of Merit 1st Class (2015)
- Michael Klett. Accessed May 31, 2019 . , on munzinger.de/
- Information on the honorary consul on the website of the representation in Stuttgart , accessed on April 2, 2013
- Timeline on the publisher's website , accessed April 2, 2013
- Academy for the Spoken Word | Board. Retrieved March 2, 2018 .
- Laudations from Ambassador Bernard de Montferrand on the occasion of medals. Archived from the original on August 3, 2016 ; accessed on June 18, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German publisher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 19, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|