Moriz Enzinger (born December 30, 1891 in Steyr , Kronland Austria ob der Enns , Austria-Hungary , today Upper Austria ; † October 4, 1975 in Vienna ) was an Austrian German scholar and literary scholar .
Moriz Enzinger attended the Stiftsgymnasium Kremsmünster and then studied at the universities of Graz , Freiburg im Üechtland ( Switzerland ), Vienna and Prague , where he received his doctorate in 1916. In 1922 he was appointed full professor for German language and literature at the University of Innsbruck .
In 1954, Enzinger, who had been suspended in 1945 because of his Nazi membership , took over the chair for Austrian literary history and general literary studies at the University of Vienna . It is noteworthy that in the case of Enzinger, for the first time since 1945, the faculty was able to decide independently on the appointment of the new chair. Until his retirement in 1963 he was a professor at this university.
Enzinger's numerous scientific publications focused on coming to terms with the life and work of Adalbert Stifter . As a full member of the Adalbert Stifter Institute of the State of Upper Austria, he therefore played a major role in its ever-growing importance. A large part of his estate is kept in the Stifterhaus (Linz) .
- The development of Viennese theater from the 16th to the 19th century (1918–1919)
- German Tyrolean Literature (1929)
- Ferdinand Raimund and the Vienna Volkstheater (1936)
- Between legend and history (1946)
- Adalbert Stifter's academic years (1950)
- Adalbert Stifter in his and our time (1956)
- Letters to Friedrich Hebbel, Part I 1840–1860, Part II 1861–1863 (1973/75, together with Elisabeth Bruck)
- Austrian Cross of Honor for Science and Art (1961)
- full member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (1963)
- Johannes Kepler Prize of the Province of Upper Austria (1974)
- Estate directory / personal dictionary Austria 
- Bibliography by and about Moriz Enzinger in the forum o.ö. Story (enter name)
- 150 years of German studies in Innsbruck, Josef Wackernell and Moriz Enzinger 
- Franz Krahberger: German studies - a biased science 
- Directory of artistic, scientific and cultural-political legacies in Austria 
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian Germanist and literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 30, 1891|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steyr|
|DATE OF DEATH||4th October 1975|
|Place of death||Vienna|