Norbert Moczarski (born January 25, 1953 in Frankfurt (Oder) ) is a German archivist and historian .
Live and act
After graduating from high school in 1971, Norbert Moczarski studied at the College of Archives in Potsdam . In 1974 he started working at the Meiningen State Archives as a state-certified archivist . From 1976 to 1982 he completed a part-time correspondence course in archival science / history to become a certified archivist at the Humboldt University in Berlin . In 1983 he began an unscheduled traineeship with Wolfgang Mühlfriedel at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena . There he was promoted to Dr. phil. PhD . The topic of his dissertation dealt with the history of the district-run industry in the GDR and especially the district of Suhl in the second half of the 1960s.
In 1994 he was taken over as senior archivist in the civil service of the Free State of Thuringia and initially acted as deputy director, from 1995 to 1997 as director of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen . Johannes Mötsch followed him as archive manager. In the period that followed, Moczarski worked on several historical topics in addition to his archival work, especially contemporary history from 1918. In 2002, he published a scientific edition of the minutes of the secretariat of an SED district leadership (here Suhl) for the first time in Germany in 1952/53. In 2014 he was again initially provisional, from September 2015 appointed by the State of Thuringia, the management of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen until his retirement in 2018.
Moczarski is a member of the Historical Commission for Thuringia .
- The minutes of the secretariat of the SED district leadership in Suhl. From the founding of the Suhl district in the summer of 1952 to June 17, 1953 . Edited by Norbert Moczarski. Ed .: Thüringisches Staatsarchiv Meiningen, Verlag Hermann Böhlaus Successor, Weimar 2002
- with Katrin Blacha: The Suhl City Prison 1860–1989. From the establishment as a royal Prussian district court prison to its dissolution as a pre-trial detention center of the Ministry for State Security in the Suhl district 1860–1989 . In: Kleine Suhler series 20. Writings of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen 4, Ed .: City Administration Suhl, Schleusingen 2007
- Hugo Schmeisser . Between taboo and legend - the world-famous Suhl weapon designer 1884–1953 . In: Kleine Suhler series 29. Writings of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen 5, Ed .: Stadtverwaltung Suhl, Schleusingen 2009
- with Katharina Witter (ed.): Thuringian and Rhenish research. Bonn - Koblenz - Weimar - Meiningen . Festschrift for Johannes Mötsch on his 65th birthday. Salier-Verlag, Leipzig / Hildburghausen 2014
- Arnold Zimmermann 1922–2015. Administrative action between regulations, responsibility and reason. Chairman of the Suhl District Council (1967–1990) . In: Kleine Suhler series 43. Writings of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen 6, Ed .: Stadtverwaltung Suhl. Schleusingen 2015
- with Ronny Renner, Sören Holland-Nell: Suhler in the Resistance 1933–1945. Selected short biographies and complete directory . In: Kleine Suhler series 57. Writings of the Thuringian State Archives Meiningen 7, Ed .: Stadtverwaltung Suhl, Suhl 2019
- ↑ Final thesis 1974, Technical College for Archives, Potsdam. KOBV portal, accessed on January 12, 2020 .
- ↑ Diploma thesis 1982, Humboldt University Berlin. KOBV portal, accessed on January 12, 2020 .
- ↑ Dissertation 1990, Friedrich Schiller University Jena. Catalog of the Thuringian University and State Library Jena, accessed on January 12, 2020 .
- ↑ List of publications. Online library catalog of the Thuringia State Archive - Meiningen State Archive, accessed on January 17, 2020 .
- ↑ Review of the edition by Gunter Holzweißig. Journal Forschungsbund SED-Staat FU Berlin, accessed on January 11, 2020 .
- ↑ Review of the edition by Andreas Malycha. H-Soz-u-Kult magazine, accessed on January 11, 2020 .
- ↑ Notification of appeal. Facebook page for the Free State of Thuringia, accessed on January 11, 2020 .
- ^ List of members of the Historical Commission Thuringia. Historical Commission Thuringia, accessed on January 11, 2020 .
- Literature by and about Norbert Moczarski in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Norbert Moczarski in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Publications by Norbert Moczarski in the cooperative library network Berlin-Brandenburg
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 25, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt / Oder|