One Survivor Remembers
|Original title||One Survivor Remembers|
|Country of production||United States|
|script||Gerda Weissmann Klein|
Andrzej Jeziorek ,
Erich Roland ,
One Survivor Remembers (English for: A survivor remembers ) is an American documentary by filmmaker Kary Antholis about the life of Gerda Weissmann-Klein during the Holocaust . The film describes the loss of her family and community through organized mass murder.
The 40-minute film from 1995 is a production on cable broadcaster HBO and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum . The Southern Poverty Law Center included the film in their Teaching Tolerance series .
- 1995: Oscar for Best Documentary Short Film
- 1995: Emmy for the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Informational Special
- 1995: CableACE Awards Best Director in a Documentary Special
- 1996: Krakow Golden Dragon Film Festival
- 1996: Palm Springs International Short Film Festival
- Audience Award Best Documentation
- Jury Prize Best Documentation
In 2012, the film was listed in the National Film Registry of the National Library Library of Congress as being particularly worth preserving because it is culturally, historically and aesthetically valuable.