Orin C. Smith
Live and act
Orin C. Smith graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor's degree in 1965 and received a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School in 1967 . Smith was with Deloitte & Touche from 1969 to 1977 and 1980 to 1985 . Meanwhile, Smith was a Washington State civil servant.
In 1990, Smith joined Starbucks as vice president and chief financial officer . In 1994 he became Chief Operating Officer and was Chairman of the Board of Management from 2000 to 2005. Smith led Starbucks' global expansion strategy. During Orin C. Smith's tenure, Starbucks went from being a local company in the greater Seattle area to having more than 6,000 stores worldwide.
Since 2006 he has served on the board of directors of the Walt Disney Company . Smith was also a board member of Nike and Washington Mutual . He served on the Board of Directors of Conservation International and the Board of Trustees of the University of Washington, and President of the Medical Department of the University of Washington and the Starbucks Foundation.
Smith died in early March 2018 at the age of 75 years at a cancer .
- Washington Mutual elects Orin C. Smith to Board of Directors . findarticles.com. Retrieved May 29, 2009.
- UW Medicine - UW Medicine Board . uwmedicine.washington.edu. Archived from the original on August 14, 2009. Retrieved May 29, 2009.
- Rachel Lerman: Former Starbucks CEO, UW Regent Orin Smith dies at 75. In: The Seattle Times. March 3, 2018, accessed March 4, 2018 .
- Orin C. Smith in the nndb (English)
- Orin C. Smith at corporate.disney.go.com
- Orin Smith ( Memento from November 25, 2010 in the web archive archive.today )
|SURNAME||Smith, Orin C.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 26, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ryderwood , Cowlitz County , Washington|
|DATE OF DEATH||1st March 2018|
|Place of death||Jackson , Wyoming|