Press Office of the Holy See
|Surname||Holy See Press Office
(Sala Stampa della Santa Sede)
|Seat||Palazzo dei Propilei
Via della Conciliazione, 54
V – 00120 Città del Vaticano
|Vice Director||Cristiane Murray|
The Press Office of the Holy See ( Italian Sala Stampa della Santa Sede ) is the press office of the Holy See and the Roman Curia . It was on October 18, 1966 by Pope Paul VI. founded. One of the most important activities is the publication of press releases from the Pope and the institutions of the Curia in the Daily Bulletin .
It is located in the Palazzo dei Propilei .
The press office publishes a daily compilation of public announcements in the “Daily Announcements of the Press Office of the Holy See” . They are published daily in one or more issues. The official language is Italian. The texts usually appear in the language in which they were originally written and are sometimes made available in other translations.
In the documentation area, speeches, messages and documents from the Pope and statements from the director of the press office are available. There is a protected area on the press office's website that is only available to accredited journalists and provides, among other things, notices with blocking periods .
Synod of Bishops
The entire written area for the publication of the invitation lists, agendas, documents, messages and minutes relating to the Synod of Bishops is handled by the Vatican press office.
Vatican Information Service
The VIS Vatican Information Service publishes information and statistics on the Pope's pontificate and apostolic journeys . He publishes a daily summary of the activities of the Holy Father and the Holy See. The notices are published in English, French, Spanish and Italian.
In the service information , the form for the application for accreditation to the Press Office of the Holy See, for professional journalists, and the accreditation rules are published and can be found there. Service information for accredited journalists is also published here.
- Angelo Fausto Vallainc (director; 1966–1970)
- Federico Alessandrini (director; 1970–1976)
- Romeo Panciroli (Director; 1976-1984)
- Joaquín Navarro-Valls (Director; 1984-2006)
- Federico Lombardi SJ, (Director; 2006-2016)
- Greg Burke (Director; 2016-2018)
- Alessandro Gisotti (January 1, 2019 - July 22, 2019, acting head )
- Matteo Bruni (July 22, 2019–)
- The Press Office of the Holy See was founded 50 years ago , domradio.de , October 18, 2016
- Daily Bulletin Archived Copy ( Memento of the original dated February 9, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Documentation 
- Synod of Bishops 
- information 
- Personnel change in the Vatican: Vatican spokesman surprisingly resigns. , Domradio report of December 31, 2018, accessed on December 31, 2018
- Nomina del Direttore della Sala Stampa della Santa Sede. In: Daily Bulletin. Holy See Press Office, July 18, 2019, accessed July 18, 2019 (Italian).