|Residents:||7,061 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density:||1,137 inhabitants per km²|
|Postcodes:||8020, 8055, 8073|
|Location in Graz|
|District Office:||Kärntner Strasse 411
|District Head:||Helmuth Scheuch ( ÖVP )|
|1. Deputy District Head:||Christian Feldhofer ( FPÖ )|
|2nd deputy district head:||Rupert Triebl ( SPÖ )|
|Public transportation:||Tram line: 5
bus lines: 50, 62, 64, 65 / E, 67, 78, 80
Puntigam is the 17th and at the same time the youngest district of Graz .
The name Puntigam was originally not a place name, but a family name. It comes from the family who had owned a manor house, restaurant and brewery since early modern times, from which the Puntigam brewery developed in the 19th century . The district of Puntigam was spun off from the 16th district of Straßgang (with minor shares of the 5th district of Gries ) in 1988 . Puntigam was incorporated into Graz and united with Straßgang in a common district in 1938.
Line 5 of Holding Graz Linien has led to Puntigam since the beginning of the tram in Graz . By February 2006, tram line 5 coming from Andritz turned in front of the Puntigamer brewery . At the newly created local transport hub Puntigam there is a connection to the city bus lines 62, 64, 65, 78 and 80 as well as to the S-Bahn, also to the Südbahn and from around 2020 to the Koralm Railway . From Puntigam you can take the Weblinger Gürtel to the Webling distribution circle , which is on the A9 ( Pyhrn Autobahn ). From there it is not far to the Graz West motorway junction , where the A2 ( south motorway ) and A9 intersect.
The Puch works have shaped the working world in Puntigam and Liebenau for generations . The Puntigam brewery is one of the most successful breweries in Austria. In general, a large part of Graz's industry is still located in Puntigam today. Companies such as (formerly: Gowi Spielwaren und Gaswerk der Stadtwerke, now :) XAL, Fresenius Kabi Austria, Ankünder Außenwerbung, Spar (Austria) , waste disposal companies and others have settled here.
Culture and sights
The Puntigam district is growing a. through the Brauquartier by around 26.7 percent by 2023 and has the highest population growth of all Graz city districts.
- Kindergarten Puntigam
- Puntigam primary school
- Cooperative Middle School Puntigam
- Polytechnic School Graz
- Chemical engineering school Graz
- Bernadette Pfingstl, Josef Pfingstl and Sabine Holasek: 125 years of the Puntigam company fire service . Graz 1999. (Festschrift)
- Numbers + facts: population, districts, economy, geography on graz.at.
- District councils in the Puntigam district on graz.at ( Memento of the original from 23 August 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Pfingstl, Pfingstl, Holasek: 125 years of the Puntigam company fire service. P. 11.