In 2010 he founded The More Socially Relevant Jazz Music Ensemble with saxophonists Ben van Gelder and Maarten Hogenhuis, bassist Sean Fasciani and drummer Mark Schilders, which according to De Volkskrant 2012 was "the hippest and most exciting jazz band in the Netherlands". He performed at the North Sea Jazz Festival as well as at other festivals in the Netherlands. He also toured with the Ben Bryden quartet through Great Britain, with Bright Noise through Belgium and with Ramón Valle through South America. He has also performed with Mona Lisa Overdrive and as a guest soloist with the Dutch Youth Jazz Orchestra and the New Rotterdam Jazz Orchestra . In 2015 he performed his jazz opera Discombobulatrix for the first time at the North Sea Jazz Festival .
Baas teaches at the Codarts Conservatorium Rotterdam .
Prizes and awards
Baas received the Deloitte Jazz Award in 2010 . In 2013 he won the Edison Jazz Nationaal with his album Mostly Improvised Instrumental Indie Music ; In 2017 his album Discombobulatrix was also awarded this prize. In 2017 he was composer in residence at the Alto Adige Jazz Festival in South Tyrol .
- More Socially Relevant Jazz Music (2011)
- Mostly Improvised Instrumental Indie Music (2012)
- Ronald Kool, Michel van Schie, Linda Bloemhard, Martijn Vink , Reinier Baas Grooves from the Cloud (2013)
- Smooth Jazz Apocalypse (2014)
- Reinier Baas vs. Princess Discombobulatrix: A Mostly Instrumental Opera (2016, with Natanael Ramos García, Ben van Gelder, David Kweksilber , Joris Roelofs , Nora Fischer, Clemens van der Feen , Martijn Vink and others)
- Reinier Baas, Ben van Gelder & Metropole Orkest : Smash Hits (2018)
- Web presence
- Entry Muziekencyclopedie (Dutch)
- Interview ( jazz newspaper )
- Reinier Baas at Discogs (English)
- Jazzalben 2012 (Volkskrant) ( Memento from September 11, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), December 28, 2012
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch jazz musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1985|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hilversum|