Ruth Rustemeyer (born June 25, 1949 in Delbrück ) is a German psychologist who taught educational psychology at the Pädagogische Hochschule (PH) Freiburg and social psychology at the University of Koblenz . At the University of Paderborn she supervises the studies for older people.
After studying educational science (from 1971) at the Pedagogical University of Westphalia-Lippe Bielefeld including the state examination for teaching at elementary and secondary schools and the diploma for education (1975), Ruth Rustemeyer taught biology as a teacher after the second state examination (1977) , German and Catholic religion. From 1978 to 1980 she studied psychology at Bielefeld University (graduation Dipl.-Psych.) And received her doctorate in 1980. phil. in psychology. The topic of the dissertation was: Perception of own abilities in boys and girls.
After working as a research assistant (subject psychology) and as a university assistant (subject pedagogy) at the University of Paderborn , she completed her habilitation there in 1991 and received the venia legendi for psychology. The topic of the habilitation thesis was: Building and changing the self. Attempt to integrate different perspectives.
In 1991 she accepted a professorship at the University of Education in Freiburg and held the chair for educational psychology. After a visiting professorship at the University of Vienna (SS 1996), she accepted a professorship for social psychology at the University of Koblenz in 1996 .
She has been married to the government school director Bernward Rustemeyer since 1970.
Since 2012, Rustemeyer has been teaching and supervising the “Citizenship Competence in Science and Practice” certificate program at the University of Paderborn .
- Educational Psychology
- Promotion of students in mathematics and science
- Women and employment; Professional and career orientation of women
- Ethics of experiment; Method critique
- Method of content analysis
- Self concept research
- Perception of own abilities in boys and girls. Lang, Bern 1982.
- Practical and methodical steps in content analysis. An introduction using the example of the analysis of interview texts. Aschendorff, Münster 1992.
- Current genesis of the self. Motives for processing self-relevant information. Aschendorff, Münster 1993.
- Teaching profession and advancement orientation: An empirical study with school principals, teachers and student teachers. Waxmann, Münster 1998.
- Introduction to Educational Psychology (3rd ed.). WBG, Darmstadt 2011.
- Postponing, avoiding, delaying. An Introduction to Procrastination. WBG, Darmstadt 2013 (together with Claudia Callies)
- Author profile of Ruth Rustemeyer at wbg
- Author profile of Ruth Rustemeyer at In-Mind magazine
- Literature by and about Ruth Rustemeyer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rustemeyer, Ruth. In: Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar Online. degruyter.com, accessed on July 11, 2020 (founded by Joseph Kürschner , constantly updated online edition with restricted access).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 25, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Delbruck|