In 1994 he graduated from the Lender home school in Sasbach . This was followed by studies at the Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Stuttgart until 1999 , which he broke off. After dropping out of his studies, he began to work at Scanline VFX , for which he worked on films such as Anatomie , Der Schuh des Manitu and (T) Raumschiff Surprise - Period 1 in the following years . At the same time, together with Thomas Ganshorn and Oliver Pilarski, he developed the software Flowline , which produces digital waves.
In 2008, he received the Oscar for technical merit (Technology Oscar) for this software . After receiving this award, he and his American wife moved to Los Angeles to set up the Scanline VFX branch there. In 2011 he was also nominated for an Oscar in the category Best Visual Effects for Hereafter .
Filmography (special effects)
- 2000: anatomy
- 2000: Erkan & Stefan
- 2000: Marlene
- 2001: Put through its paces
- 2001: The Sams
- 2001: Manitou's shoe
- 2001: Viktor Vogel - Commercial Man
- 2001: What to do if there's a fire
- 2001: Crash into the death zone
- 2001: Hostile Takeover - althan.com
- 2002: 666 - Don't trust anyone you sleep with!
- 2002: Bibi Blocksberg
- 2002: Erkan & Stefan against the forces of darkness
- 2002: Pietje Bell
- 2002: Like the rabbits
- 2003: The flying classroom
- 2003: The Wild Things - Everything is fine as long as you are wild!
- 2003: Luther
- 2003: The last Lude
- 2004: (T) Spaceship Surprise - Period 1
- 2004: The downfall
- 2004: Shark alert on Mallorca
- 2005: Looking for and finding love
- 2006: 300
- 2006: The storm surge
- 2006: Hui Buh - The Castle Ghost
- 2006: Poseidon
- 2007: Invasion (The Invasion)
- 2008: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian)
- 2009: 2012
- 2010: Gulliver's Travels - Something big is coming up (Gulliver's Travels)
- 2010: Hereafter - The life after (Hereafter ")
- 2011: War of the Gods (Immortals)
- 2011: Super 8
- 2012: Battleship
- 2012: Marvel's The Avengers (The Avengers)
- Living the dream without tutoring. FAZ. March 20, 2011, accessed February 1, 2013 .
- Report of the Board of Directors. Vereinigung der Altsasbacher eV . Accessed February 1, 2013 .
- Barbara Reitter-Welter: The perfect wave brings Munich residents the Oscar. Welt.de. February 2, 2008, accessed February 1, 2013 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German visual effects artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|