As soup garnishes refers to ingredients of soups and stews , which are added after the cooking process to complement and enhance the flavor and nutritional value. Basically, the soup garnishes are already ready to eat and are only warmed up with the dish.
In principle, one differentiates the soup deposits in the following three groups:
- Vegetables and mushrooms
- Cereals and baked goods
- Baked peas , biscuit , smoked mixture
- Croutons and slices of white bread
- Pancakes like Flädle (called Céléstine as a garnish )
- Pearl barley and semolina
- Rice and pasta
- Soup dough
- Dumplings or dumplings made from:
In addition, egg sticks or sausages are used in various forms as a soup.
- Erhard Gorys : The new kitchen dictionary. From Aachener Printen to intermediate ribs . 13th edition, dtv, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-423-36245-0 .
- Friedel Dries : Examination questions for cooks . 8th edition, Pfanneberg, Giessen / Leipzig 1996, ISBN 3-8057-0374-0 .