Susanne Dobesch is the daughter of the writer Alexander Giese and the concert singer Walpurga Giese-Dorn. She attended the Academic Gymnasium in Vienna and studied law at the University of Vienna , where she received her doctorate in law in 1980 . After the court year, she worked for several years as a research assistant at the Austrian Constitutional Court . She then worked in commercial law firms and taught law, business administration and economics at a high school for business.
Literary books and reception
In her literary cooking guide through Burgenland Dracula, sensual, indulgent, erotic , Susanne Dobesch tells of a lady who accompanies Count Dracula on a culinary journey through Burgenland restaurants. It presents recipes from 22 top chefs from Burgenland, including Walter Eselböck and Alain Weissgerber, who each created a five-course menu especially for the book. The volume is illustrated with drawings by the Burgenland artist Wolfgang Horwath and photos by the publisher Walter Horvath.
In 2008 her novel biography The Secret Memories of Joseph Haydn was published , which was presented with a reading on the ORF radio program Literary New Releases from Austria . In it, Susanne Dobesch lets a young, chronically moneyless journalist find a bundle in an attic in Gumpendorf, the Haydn House, which she believes she recognizes as Haydn's notes. This discovery caused a stir in the Haydn Society and musicology as a whole. “Well done, very readable! I enjoyed the swipes at our present very much! ”, Judged the music editors of the ORF cultural broadcaster Oe1 in a broadcast about the 2009 Haydn year about the novel.
- 2004 3rd prize in the literary competition Vinum et Litterae
- Put on hold. Ideas from the twilight zone. Poems, Uranus Verlag, Vienna 2000.
- The winemaker from Rust. Roman, Edition Vukowitch, 2006.
- The secret memories of Joseph Haydn. Biography of a novel, Edition Va Bene , Klosterneuburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-85167-217-6 .
- Dracula, sensual, enjoyable, erotic. A literary cookery guide through Burgenland. With drawings by Wolfgang Horwath and photos by Walter Horvath, Edition Horvath, 2006. Verlag Wagner, Gelnhausen 2011, ISBN 978-3-86683-904-5 .
- Sauerbrunn. Dishes from the summer freshness. Recipes and memories. With Irene Lupinski, Verlag Bibliothek der Provinz, Weitra 2009, ISBN 978-3-85252-789-5 .
- Johann Grander. Biography of a water researcher. Uranus Verlag, Vienna 2000, ISBN 3-901626-29-8 .
- Divine wine. Thoughts on the cultural asset of wine. Edition Nemszovsky, 2004.
- From the soap to the faux pas. Business codes and other stumbling blocks. (with Elisabeth Stifter), Edition Edition Va Bene 2009, ISBN 978-3-85167-228-2 ; Edition Roesner, Maria Enzersdorf 2010, ISBN 978-3-902300-48-5 .
- with Helmuth A. Niederle : Hungary. concerns: freedom of art. Austrian PEN Club, Vienna 2013.
- with Helmuth A. Niederle : Women's rights as a statute: mulieris mundi. Austrian PEN Club. Series: pen documents. Vienna 2015. ISBN 978-3-85409-787-7 .
- PEN Club Austria
- Top chefs cook for Count Dracula , ORF Burgenland, April 11, 2012
- Der Standard , October 16, 2008
- Haydn and Spring. Could Haydn be in love? , OE1, ORF.at., March 3, 2009
- "Vinum et Litterae" award winners selected ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- With good manners in the executive chair , report in the Wiener Zeitung, February 15, 2008
- Literature by and about Susanne Dobesch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Susanne Dobesch
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|