Taddeo di Bartolo
Taddeo di Bartolo (* around 1362 or 1363 in Siena ; † August 26, 1422 in Siena) was a painter and fresco painter from Siena.
Bartolo developed an extensive activity as a fresco painter in churches, chapels, town halls in Pisa, Perugia and Siena. His main works are a cycle of depictions from the life of Mary in San Francesco in Pisa and repeated in the chapel of the town house in Siena (1407). His coloring is hard but strong, his conception seeks energy and grandeur of expression.
His nephew or brother Domenico di Bartolo (* around 1400) followed his direction, but is fleeting, even mindless, realistic in conception and raw in technique. In 1444 he painted in the Ospedale della Scala in Siena.
- Badia a Isola (district of Monteriggioni): Madonna in trono con Bambino, cherubini, angeli e santi , Abbazia dei Santi Salvatore e Cirino
- Lucignano : cycle of frescoes in the Sala delle Udienze in the Palazzo Pretorio (today Museo Comunale), executed from 1408 to 1414.
- Taddeo di Bartolo . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 32 : Stephens – Theodotos . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1938, p. 395 .
Commons : Taddeo di Bartolo - collection of images, videos and audio files
- Taddèo di Bartolo (o Taddeo Bartoli) in Enciclopedie on line at treccani.it (ital.)
- The painting Adoration of the Magi (1404) by Taddeo di Bartolo in the object collection of museum-digital
- ↑ Elisa Brunoni, Chiara Spadini, Vanda Trippi: Il Museo Comunale di Lucignano. Tiphys Editoria, Cortona 2015, ISBN 978-88-97582-13-7 , p. 31 ff.
|SURNAME||Taddeo di Bartolo|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian painter and fresco painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1362|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Siena|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 26, 1422|
|Place of death||Siena|