Tim Sebastian (journalist)
Tim Sebastian (born March 13, 1952 in London ) is an English television journalist and book author. He currently moderates the programs Conflict Zone and New Arab Debates , which are broadcast by Deutsche Welle .
Sebastian studied at Oxford and Cardiff Universities before starting his career as a journalist with Reuters in 1974. He worked as a foreign correspondent for the BBC in several countries : 1979 in Warsaw , 1985 in Moscow and from 1986 to 1989 in Washington, DC ; In 1982 Sebastian became the BBC's Europe correspondent. In the same year he won a BAFTA award .
He presented the BBC program HARDtalk . In 2000 and 2001 he was named the Royal Television Society Interviewer of the Year .
He is currently presenting the program Conflict Zone on Deutsche Welle's television program . Here he interviews leading representatives from politics, business and society on contemporary issues.
Sebastian is considered one of the most prominent political interviewers and moderators. He interviewed former US Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter , Archbishop Desmond Tutu , the first Prime Minister of the city-state of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew , and the last leader of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev . In Germany, his interview with AfD party chairwoman Frauke Petry in 2016 met with a great response. His interview with the Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell end of March 2019 on the rule of law of the actions of Spanish justice against Catalan politicians who, because of their behavior in the Catalonia crisis in custody are, caused an uproar when Borrell the studio because of the reproachful and provocative questioning Sebastian temporarily left under protest.
Sebastian is the author of several books and speaks English, German and Russian.
- Tim Sebastian in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ^ Conflict Zone
- ↑ Profiled interviewer and moderator ( Memento of the original from August 15, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Interview with Bill Clinton ( Memento of the original from December 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Interview with Jimmy Carter
- ↑ Interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu ( Memento of the original dated December 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Interview with Lee Kuan Yew
- ↑ Interview with Mikhail Gorbachev
- ^ Conflict Zone - with Frauke Petry. In: Vimeo. Retrieved March 27, 2016 .
- ↑ Martin Küper: British journalist explains to Frauke Petry the free press. In: WAZ. Retrieved March 27, 2016 .
- ↑ FOCUS Online: "I ask the questions I want": English journalist presents Frauke Petry - video - video. In: FOCUS Online. Retrieved March 27, 2016 .
- ↑ AfD chairwoman interview with Frauke Petry inspires the network . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . March 27, 2016, ISSN 0174-4909 ( faz.net [accessed March 27, 2016]).
- ↑ Borrell interrumpe una entrevista con una televisión alemana indignado con las preguntas sobre Cataluña. In: El País , March 28, 2019, accessed on the same day (Spanish).
- ^ Josep Borrell on Conflict Zone. In: Deutsche Welle , March 27, 2019, accessed on March 28, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||English television journalist and book author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 13, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|