Ulrike Malmendier (* August 1973 ) is a German professor of economics at the University of California, Berkeley . Her research focus is behavioral economics . According to the IDEAS list, Malmendier is one of the 5% of the most cited economists.
From 1991 to 1993 she did an apprenticeship at Deutsche Bank. She studied economics and law as a scholarship holder of the German National Academic Foundation . After completing a law doctorate at the University of Bonn in 2000, she did a second doctorate at Harvard University in 2002 . From 2002 to 2006 she worked as an assistant professor at Stanford University . She has been teaching in Berkeley since 2005, initially as an assistant professor , from 2008 as an associate professor and since then on an endowed professorship .
She is married to Stefano Della Vigna and has three children (* 2008, 2010, 2012).
Malmendier is editor of the renowned journal Journal of Economic Perspectives .
Prizes and awards (selection)
- 2013: Fischer Black Prize
- 2015: Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award
- 2016: Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2017: Guggenheim grant
- 2019: Gustav Stolper Prize of the Association for Social Policy
- The JEP Editors and Contacts. (No longer available online.) Aeaweb.org, archived from the original on September 8, 2015 ; accessed on October 11, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Fischer Black Prize. (No longer available online.) Afajof.org , archived from the original on January 4, 2014 ; accessed on October 11, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Johannes Seiler: Bessel Prize for an international economist. Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, press release dated December 10, 2015 from the Science Information Service (idw-online.de), accessed on December 10, 2015.
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences : Newly Elected Fellows. In: amacad.org. Retrieved April 22, 2016 .
- 2017 Fellows - United States and Canada. John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, accessed May 1, 2017 .
- Gustav Stolper Prize, list of award winners . Website of the Verein für Socialpolitik . Retrieved October 24, 2019.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Malmendier, Ulrike M.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 1973|