Help on coat of arms
|Landscape:||Semgallia ( Latvian : Zemgale )|
|Administrative district :||Vecumnieku novads|
|Population density :|
The Wallhof estate was owned by the Duke of Courland and Semigallia , and since the duchy was dissolved in 1795 it had been a crown estate of the Tsar. In 1907 the estate was divided up and the fields were given to 37 Latvian farmers. Their farms were expropriated after the conquest of Latvia by the Red Army in 1944/1945 as part of the collectivization of agriculture. The administration of the kolkhoz of the same name was located in Valle .
- Georg Mancelius (1593–1654), pastor in Valle
- Alfred Amtmanis-Briedītis (1885-1966) was an actor and director who was born in Valle. The house where he was born is now a museum.
- Wallhof . In: Meyers Konversations-Lexikon . 4th edition. Volume 16, Verlag des Bibliographisches Institut, Leipzig / Vienna 1885–1892, p. 366.
- Hans Feldmann , Heinz von zur Mühlen (Hrsg.): Baltic historical local dictionary, part 2: Latvia (southern Livland and Courland). Böhlau, Cologne 1990, ISBN 3-412-06889-6 , p. 678.
- Astrīda Iltnere (ed.): Latvijas Pagasti, Enciklopēdija. Preses Nams, Riga 2002, ISBN 9984-00-436-8 .
- Hans Feldmann, Heinz von zur Mühlen (ed.): Baltic historical local lexicon, part 2: Latvia (southern Livland and Courland). Böhlau, Cologne 1990, p. 678.
- Michael Roberts : Gustavus Adolphus . Longman, London, 2nd revised edition 1992 (1st edition as Gustavus Adolphus and the rise of Sweden ), ISBN 0-582-09001-6 , p. 104.